i have non-Hodgkin lymphomas be caused by military chemicals.cs gas low doses of chemicals .low doses including nerve agent,blood agent etc.been exposed to them.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Empowher. From an industrial hygiene perspective, it would depend on the type of job you had or what exposures you had as a Soldier. Let's give you an example, radiation exposure (ionizing radiation) is known to possibly cause non-Hodgkin s but not Hodgkin s disease. When someone has exposure, the radiation enters the body and has a ping pong effect that attacks the internal structure of the body. Most radiation induced cancers, will have a latency period of about 5 years before it progresses into a diagnosed cancer.This is the same of someone that has asbestos exposure as we can all play in asbestos today but probably won't crystallize in the lungs until about 10 years after the initial exposure.

Exposure to other toxic substances could also be possible but as there are so many toxic substances, without knowing what position you had that could potentially cause lymphoma - it would be hard for me to guess or provide you informative information. If you could provide more information such as your MOS, where you have been deployed, if any, could certainly help me provide you better information. There is scientific evidence to suggest that exposure to pesticides can cause lymphomas and I know that Agent Orange in Vietnam was blamed by pesticides as well.

If you have additional information you can share, please let me know so I can provide you more detailed information. You can also send me a private message by clicking on my name and then clicking on private message.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your post.

We are very fortunate to have a moderator and guide here who has worked extensively with vets affected by chemicals used during war. If you can give us more information, she will be here in a few days and can help you - her name is Missie. I will let her know about this post!