Cyst, Ectopic pregnancy or pulled abdominal muscle?

Hello there,
Last week I took Plan B, just a few days ago a very sharp pain appeared in my right lower abdomen along with a lot of visible bloating, where your fallopian tube or ovary would be located. The pain radiates to my back a little as well. I am bleeding, but I'm not sure if that is my regular period or the Plan B working. I worked out early in the morning of the night this pain appeared. I'm having trouble deciding if I should go into the doctor, as I only have catastrophic insurance and have to pay out of pocket for visits. I really don't want to waste my time or money if this is just muscle strain.

I understand the insurance thing - it's not right that people don't have decent low cost/free medical care in this country.

Plan B can have some serious side effects for some women, with few or none for others. Side effects can include headaches, nausea, stomach pain and irregular bleeding. So this could quite easily be the same with you. This bleeding is probably a side effect too unless you were expecting your period.

As far as a strain from working out is concerned, these aren't generally serious. If this happened you should heal soon.

An ectopic pregnancy is remote since Plan B is up to 95% effective when taken within 24 hours.

Give yourself another couple of days to see what happens and avoid taking Plan B unless it's a genuine emergency as opposed to not going out for birth control before sex.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills