dark circles and skin thinning around the eyes..

I have a problem with dark circles and skin thinning around the eyes.esp under my eyes.I have tried all possible means to combat my dark circles – lot of water, good food, less stress, eye care, hell lot of creams, home remedies,ayurvedic treatments etc.its improved quite but my dark circles still persist and the worse part the skin below my eyes looks so thin. It looks extended and very noticeable .looks like there’s a big pit between my eyes and cheek bones. I look old and tired all the time. I have good eyes but this thing ruins my look totally am now thinking of cosmetic treatments- I head glycolic peels help improve collagen around the eyes. However, it leads to more skin thinning. is that true? How about fat grafting for hollow circles? Is it safe ..what are the pros and cons. Please address my query and if anyone has had any alternative treatment that’s helped them ,then do let me know as well.

I look forward to hear from you.

I also have naturally dark circles under my eyes and use good concealer, a good's night's sleep, fresh foods and a good moisturizer as my "treatment" for it, because like you, all the "dark circle" creams in the world will not work, no matter what they promise. I also went to a dermatologist who was honest enough to tell me that the treatment I currently use is about the only one that works!

On really bad days I put my fingers underneath my dark circles to cover them and I look great. Then I remove them and think "I look like some kind of addict!" If only they would go!

However, my visit to the dermatologist was ten years ago and I have since read about laser treatments to the undereye that can help with dark circles quite well.

You can also look into a treatment called IPL (Intense pulsed light, also known as photorejuvenation). A dermatologist can help you determine if that's the right fit for you. This technique lightens the skin underneath your first layers and can result in reducing the dark circles (all the creams do is take care of the surface skin which is not helping those with dark circles).

The thinning of your undereye skin may be due to age.

There are cosmetic treatments you can consider like fat grafting. A cosmetic surgeon can explain the benefits and risks to you, given your own personal circumstances (current health status, medical history).

In general, the pros are that if it works, you'll look and feel a lot better. The cons are as with any surgery or medical treatment: bad reactions to any kind of anesthesia, bad work done by the doctor, or simply that you were not a correct candidate for the surgery recommended.

Make sure your doctor is well known in his/her area of expertise and is board certified in that area. Check reviews and ask for photos of his/her previous work.

I hope this helps you and thanks for writing!