Dates safe for intercourse

By June 6, 2016 - 1:30am

My period for the month of April was from ApriI 6-9. I had unprotected sex on April 16 so I used Nordette as an ECP and had a 3-day withdrawal bleeding from April 25 until 27.

And then, just 18 days later, on May 13-15, I had my period. Can I consider that 18-day interval from the day of my withdrawal bleeding to the day of my period as one menstrual cycle, or should I count from April 6 instead?

I had unprotected sex on May 16 and 18. Are those dates safe for sex?

Hi Mica881

No dates are "safe" because one's cycle can change out of the blue - one can ovulate early or late. Nobody can tell you want dates to chose, we don't know how your body works.

But generally the days leading up to your period would be considered the safest, next would be a day or two after your period. If your periods ended on April 9th, then having sex on the 16th is not safe at all. Since you took birth control, it's difficult to say which bleeding time you should go from. What you need to be doing is not having unprotected sex and then guessing whether you could be pregnant or not. Never have unprotected sex if you don't want to get pregnant.

Looking at your dates, May 8th should not be considered safe.

Thank you for the response, Susan! I would just like to clarify, did you mean May 8th or May 18th?