D&C or Laproscopic surgery ?

My wife is 25 years old. She was diagnosed to have PCOs last June-2009. And took treatment for the same, she underwent HSG 7 months back. But, no improvement till now, she's yet to get pregnant. Our Gyn, finally have suggested to go for D&C. Please advice, whether it would be the better option to do, or do you suggest any other options before going for D&C. Also, need to know the complications of doing D&C.

We consulted another Gyn couple of days back and she adviced to try Laproscopic surgery for removing 'pearl-white outer surface of the ovary' which causes the Cystic

Believe its a normal procedure tried for a PCO patient. Can you please shed your experience related to this...
Thank you in advance, your explanation gives us confidence and hope.

Hi Jeyaganesan

I helped you on this issue recently and hope you were able to take a look at my reply:

In this reply I have also talked about the benefits and risks.

With regard to having a D&C done laproscopically, it's generally faster, with little scarring and obviously is far less invasive. Laproscopic methods are generally preferred by doctors and patients. I've had this procedure done myself (for the removal of my appendix) and definitely preferred it over regular surgery.

Best of health to your wife as she makes her decisions. Just make sure both of you talk to her doctor about the benefits and risks of both options.

Can't Find Something?

ASK Moderation Guidelines