Q: 

Dear Mam, I am 42 years old. In October 2016 I had my period on the 11th and in November 2016 I had my period on 4th. Today is 15 December 2016 and I haven't had my period ? Could I pregnant?

By Anonymous December 15, 2016 - 7:59am

I suffer with thyroid. I take Eltroxin 1 milligram. Also my tummy is starting to feel like a bit heavy every now and again. I think it's after I eat ? I haven't taken a pregnancy test as yet. There was some light brown discharge every now and then.
Thank you so much for your kind assistance. Much appreciated.

Guide

Welcome to EmpowHER. Thank you for reaching out to our community with your question if you might be pregnant.

For the benefit of all our readers, Eltroxin is prescribed to treat hypothyroidism, or an underactive thyroid gland.

Up until this month, your menstrual cycle has been regular and you have had a monthly period, correct?

Have you had unprotected intercourse since your last period in November? If so, then it is possible that you became pregnant.

Consider taking an early response pregnancy test. Purchase a name brand product and check the expiration date. Read and follow the directions carefully. For the most accurate result, test in the morning. Use the urine when you first wake up and use the bathroom.

If you get a negative result, the next possible reason for a late period is early perimenopause. At age 42, you are a bit young.

When was the last time you had your thyroid levels checked?

Women with hypothyroidism often have menstrual cycle irregularities, ranging from absent or infrequent periods to very frequent and heavy periods. It is possible that you may need to have the dose of Eltroxin increased to meet your needs. But, that can only be determined after blood levels have been checked. Speak with your physician. Do not increase the dose on your own.

Regards,