Q: 

Delayed intake of 2nd pill for Postinor 2

By October 3, 2014 - 10:28am

Hi, I had unprotected sex on 28/9 night. My partner withdrew before he came but he's afraid that there might be some semen inside my vagina. So the next day i bought the Postinor 2 and pop in the 1st pill at 12pm. I'm suppose to take the pill at 12am (which is 12 hours later) but i've forgotten to take it. I woke up the other day (29/9) and took the pill at 10am. And i was in my fertile week during that time. Is there chances of me getting pregnant? I know that the pill will sometimes quicken the period but till now i do not have any sign of it yet. Please help :(

Anonymous

Is it okay i took the second pill late?

Anonymous

me and my partner had unprotected sex on sept 7 in the evening hours , in the night however i ejaculated in her . we went to the pharmacy ,we got the postinor 2 she took it around 1 oclock pm on the 8 sept n she should have taken the next one 1 am but we were asleep so i told her to take it at 7am and we went to the pharmacist and she said to take the two at the same time am wondering does it still work if we do it that way its the 14 now n she hasnt seen her p as yet

Anonymous

Hi,
I had unprotected sex abt 3weeks ago, on the 4th of May and after about 10 minutes I took both postinor pills at the same time, as I do always.
I have been keeping those pills in my handbag for about 8-9 months if am not mistaken. I always trust taking them because I've always been using them.
But surprisingly I was supposed to get my period 6days ago but I haven't. Am experiencing headaches and a bit of dizziness, could it be side effects of the pill because I havent taken it in a long tym? Or the fact that the pill has been in my bag for so long and maybe it had holes somewhere, cause expiry date was stated 2018, so pregnancy? I have only been late by 8days once and I had serious cravings and fatigue but I wasn't pregnant. Am quite scared although my breasts are still okay, no lumb in my stomach, a bit of cramps, mood swings and irritation.
Am scared of getting a test yet although I know the sooner the better but can I hear what you people think first so I can know what to expect at least.

I had unprotected sex on the 29th of April and it was my first. I lost my virginity that day I am scared of being pregnant. But my partner assured me that he didn't cum inside of me and he insisted that I don't take anything but I still took postinor 2 on the 1st of may by 12 noon and was meant to take the second tablet at 12 midnight but I slept off and I forgot and when I woke up, it was passed 16 hours and prescription adviced that I don't take the second tablet after 16 hours as it won't work. But I am still scared. Hope I am not pregnant? What do I do again

Anonymous

please I had

Anonymous

Good night

I took porstinor in oct and got a light period in november. Now i am late can postinor cause your period to be late a month after taking it?

Guide

Hi Deedee88!

Phew!!!  Thank goodness! So happy for you! 

Yes, I agree to be more careful next time :-)

Again, I highly suggest getting on a regular form of birth control. The ECPs can really do damage to your reproductive system and when the time is right someday to have a baby, you don't want to face any unnecessary challenges.

Kristin

Guide

Hi Deedee88,

Thank you for your question and for choosing EmpowHER! 

Anytime you have unprotected sex, you risk pregnancy.  ECPs work best up to 72 hours after having unprotected sex, but will reduce the risk of pregnancy if taken within five days after unprotected sex. 

I don't think you have anything to be worried about since you took it within 72 hours and your boyfriend did not ejaculate inside.

Here are some facts about Postinor2: It is used to prevent pregnancy when taken within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse. It is estimated that Postinor-2 will prevent 85% of expected pregnancies. 95% of expected pregnancies will be prevented if taken within the first 24 hours, declining to 58% if taken between 48 hours and 72 hours after unprotected intercourse.

It is not known whether Postinor-2 is effective if taken more than 72 hours after unprotected intercourse.

Since it was during your fertile week and if you are alarmed, you can take a pregnancy test to rule it out. Be aware that your cycle will be irregular for about 2-3 cycles due to taking the ECP-so don't be surprised if your period is early or late. 

Here is also some info from the EmpowHER community about ECP:

http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills?page=0,1

Deedee88, did this help?

Kristin

Anonymous (reply to kristincaliendo)

Hi Kristin,

Thank you for the detailed reply. My period came yesterday so I'm not pregnant. Will be more careful next time. :D

Sorry, it was on the 29/9 i took the 1st pill at 12pm and the second pill at 10am on 30/9.

Tags: