Wellness

ask: did any get complications after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy ?

my husband did laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and suffer from numbness in the right thigh all the way to the front pelvis he can walk and urinate but he cant feel the skin its very difficult situation he does not feel any thing during sex and this is devastating please tell me is this temporary , and i wuld like to know did any get gastric leak after one month or later after the surgery and way?
thank you

Anonymous

My doughter had a sleeve gastrectomy 15 months before. Now she is admitted with acute abdomen due to leakage from part of his surgery. Although the surgeon could clean up the abdomen but he believes that correction of this leakage is very difficult and has done a jejnostomy to start feeding through a tube and plans for putting a stent in the leaked part of the stomach. I am really doubt if this will work. Can somebody helps me.

it will work .. it happened to me .. am fine... tell me how is she now

I had my sleeve july 18 i had got a leak too make my story short my leak was undected i got a intestinal infection, blood clots both arms puemonia, for my leak my doc put a stent and it healed my leak after 71 days in the hospital!

FRA (reply to Anonymous)

Hello Anonymus, I had the same surgery 3 months ago, and I´m still with a leak in my stomach. been fed by a nose tube for 9 weeks, but this did nt solve much of the problem. A stent is one of the options to fix this, but not the smartest, according to a couple of doctos i have talked to, it is easy to put it on, but a real pain to remove it from the stomach, but i think it is easier in the states than in my country. I have to fly to another country to have it fixed :(. but there is one thing i dont understand in your post, your daughter is with the leak for 15 months???????

Anonymous

i had my lap sleeve gastrectomy 3 weeks back and all is fine. what i want to know is after how long can i resume going back to the gym and also since i am nt to get pregnant for the next 1 and half years,is it safe to use copper T.
MIMI

Anonymous

can a patient take itopride hydrocholride after sleeve gastrectomy for belching???

See my comments of February 11th above regarding belching! Domperidone or Domerid works very well.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thanks for your question but this is something that you would need to ask your doctor. The answer will be based on other medications you are on and your general heath status.

~Susan

Anonymous

In regards to that 'RIPPING-SENSATION FELT WHILE BENDING ETC" I am currently experiencing that 6 weeks after having the gastric sleeve surgery here in Auckland New Zealand. I have lost about 12 kgs since being discharged from hospital.I was so worried about the ripping pain I was experiencing I went to my G.P and asked for anti-biotics which I am taking now. But since reading that its due to weakened stitches I'm so happy and relieved and suppose will have to bear it and wait it out, have been taking panadol and tramadol for pain relief etc..This is a great forum!!thankyou all.

Anonymous

Hello all,
I had the surgery done two weeks ago, and everything was going OK until yesterday. I've had unbelievable gas pain, and I have tried everything buy nothing seems to work, if someone out there can share a solution I would greatly appreciate it. I have taken Beno, Gas-X, Maalox, they all seem to work for a couple of hours but then the pain comes back with a vengeance.

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: