Wellness

ask: did any get complications after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy ?

my husband did laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and suffer from numbness in the right thigh all the way to the front pelvis he can walk and urinate but he cant feel the skin its very difficult situation he does not feel any thing during sex and this is devastating please tell me is this temporary , and i wuld like to know did any get gastric leak after one month or later after the surgery and way?
thank you

Anonymous

i had my lap sleeve gastrectomy 3 weeks back and all is fine. what i want to know is after how long can i resume going back to the gym and also since i am nt to get pregnant for the next 1 and half years,is it safe to use copper T.
MIMI

Anonymous

can a patient take itopride hydrocholride after sleeve gastrectomy for belching???

See my comments of February 11th above regarding belching! Domperidone or Domerid works very well.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Thanks for your question but this is something that you would need to ask your doctor. The answer will be based on other medications you are on and your general heath status.

~Susan

Anonymous

In regards to that 'RIPPING-SENSATION FELT WHILE BENDING ETC" I am currently experiencing that 6 weeks after having the gastric sleeve surgery here in Auckland New Zealand. I have lost about 12 kgs since being discharged from hospital.I was so worried about the ripping pain I was experiencing I went to my G.P and asked for anti-biotics which I am taking now. But since reading that its due to weakened stitches I'm so happy and relieved and suppose will have to bear it and wait it out, have been taking panadol and tramadol for pain relief etc..This is a great forum!!thankyou all.

Anonymous

Hello all,
I had the surgery done two weeks ago, and everything was going OK until yesterday. I've had unbelievable gas pain, and I have tried everything buy nothing seems to work, if someone out there can share a solution I would greatly appreciate it. I have taken Beno, Gas-X, Maalox, they all seem to work for a couple of hours but then the pain comes back with a vengeance.

Never had that, but try some activated charcoal from the pharmacy. Might help. Are you a 'swallower' in that you swallow air with your food? Try to become conscious of that and exclude any air in your mouth before you swallow. Avoid gas producing foods one need hardly say! Stay off the beans and legumes for a bit until things settle for you. Domperidone or Domerid will help if you take it about half an hour before you eat, it will make you belch, and don't be afraid to encourage that and belch away until you feel a bit less bloated. DO NOT do any activity after a meal for at least half an hour until your food settles and you have belched away! Then maybe a short walk to encourage belching and flatulence as well. It will help. Good luck with it!!

Tammyb58

I am so grateful to find this thread on the sleeve gastrectomy surgery. I am leaning towards this option and trying to find all the information I can about it. Thank you to everyone for submitting their experiences!

Anonymous (reply to Tammyb58)

Welcome Tammy and good luck!

Tammyb58 (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you!

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: