Wellness

ask: did any get complications after laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy ?

my husband did laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and suffer from numbness in the right thigh all the way to the front pelvis he can walk and urinate but he cant feel the skin its very difficult situation he does not feel any thing during sex and this is devastating please tell me is this temporary , and i wuld like to know did any get gastric leak after one month or later after the surgery and way?
thank you

Never had that, but try some activated charcoal from the pharmacy. Might help. Are you a 'swallower' in that you swallow air with your food? Try to become conscious of that and exclude any air in your mouth before you swallow. Avoid gas producing foods one need hardly say! Stay off the beans and legumes for a bit until things settle for you. Domperidone or Domerid will help if you take it about half an hour before you eat, it will make you belch, and don't be afraid to encourage that and belch away until you feel a bit less bloated. DO NOT do any activity after a meal for at least half an hour until your food settles and you have belched away! Then maybe a short walk to encourage belching and flatulence as well. It will help. Good luck with it!!

Tammyb58

I am so grateful to find this thread on the sleeve gastrectomy surgery. I am leaning towards this option and trying to find all the information I can about it. Thank you to everyone for submitting their experiences!

Anonymous (reply to Tammyb58)

Welcome Tammy and good luck!

Tammyb58 (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you!

Anonymous

Oh, and should try prescription antacids eg Losec nightly and something like domerid - domperidone as required with a meal that might be heavy - taken half an hour before helps much more!

Anonymous

Still vomiting after a year and a half? See the surgeon /physician asap first of all! My only effect is a lower tolerance to carbs, it is also necessary to eat small main meals or the mechanics will cause vomiting - 2 into 1 won't go! If you're hungry, have more but smaller meals! And take multivitamins daily. I'm the guy from the op at Galway above btw. A little - stress little - after meal exercise helps. Go easy as often the system requires your circulation of blood to divert and assist in the digestion process and if you stand up too suddenly after a meal, you could faint! Documented! Hasn't happened me as I sit for a while after my meals. Good luck! I would recommend it to anyone. Lost approaching half of my original body weight in 2 and a quarter years so far. Would do it again tomorrow!

Anonymous

MY HUSBAND HAD HIS SURGERY DONE BEFORE 1 AND A HALF YEAR BUT HE STILL VOMITS A LOT EVERYTME HE EATS SOMETHING.....I REALLY WANT TO KNW IF IT HAS SOME NEGATIVE EFFECTS AND HOW TO PUT A STOP ON THAT...

Anonymous

I'm the ANON who wrote back in October 2009, August & December 2010 (whatever, right?!) and although this thread is old, I have to say there were so few forums that this discussion was taking place in so 1) it is great to see comments added; and 2) it is great to see that more people are learning about this procedure. When I had mine just about 2 yrs ago I was 100 lbs heavier (I'm at 198 lbs, yes exactly, for 9 months now - adding more cardio :) and my quality of life was ruining my health. No one knew what I was talking about when I said 'sleeve gastrectomy' and most assumed it was lap band. I know several acquantainces that took that route or bypass and not one has been complication-free or as successful as I have 2 yrs later. I thank God for every day I have and hope that those that are morbidly obese and considering this procedure are as fortunate as I have been. Thanks for all of the comments posted over the last two years.

Anonymous

I had my sleeve gastrectomy on August 9th and so far I feel wonderful, no pain, I had almost no pain even the day of surgery. I am able to eat a stage 11 soft diet with no complications. I am actually wondering if there is something wrong since I am not experiencing any after effects from my surgery. I have lost 5 lbs and feel like my surgery has been well worth it. I pray things continue to go as well as they have so far.

Anonymous

Having lost 200 pounds in 2 years I would highly recommend this precedure. I had the paraesthesia in the right leg as described, but from a previous operation to repair a fistula. The sleeve gastrectomy aggravated it, but after two years function and feeling are about 95 - 98%. I had a permanent mat repair to close up at the time due to an incisional hernia from the first surgery. I am due for plastics to tidy up loose skin etc. I also had a seroma at 6 months. A huge pot belly was replaced slowly as I lost weight with two gallons of serum! Due to a small skin infection I popped and drained in the emergency room in about 20 minutes! Hell of a way to lose about 20 pounds at a stroke! Still, couldn't recommend this highly enough. I now no longer have diabetes, no longer am sleep apnoeic, no longer have N.A.S.H., and I'm as happy as a clam! I also remarried and I'd recommend that too! Operation was done in Galway, Ireland through their obesity clinic.

What do you think is the most important health test for women?: