did spinal stenosis steroid shot cause shingles 3 weeks later?

I was to go in for a second shot and developed shingles 4 days earlier. Cancelled shot but how long do I have to wait
to get a shingles vaccine and can I have my second steroid shot anytime in the near future. Don't know which is worse
the back pain or the shingles. I am 64 years old.

I'm sorry to hear about the shingles, I have heard of how painful they are. 

We cannot tell you what triggered your shingles and most doctors will say any kind of shot does not trigger it; it seems to be standard for them. Maybe they're afraid of lawsuits. 

You will need to call the doctor administering your steroid shot to see if waiting is necessary due to your shingles.

We wish you the best

Shingles Guide