Diet soda and weight gain

By February 12, 2008 - 12:45pm

A new study shows that rodents fed artificially sweetened yogurt were more likely to gain weight than those that were fed yogurt sweetened with glucose. Would you be willing to skip your daily diet soda to keep a few pounds off in the long run?

I have already given up the soda. Its is very bad for you and we need to nurture our bodies to have quality of life.

Diet soda is full of nasty chemicals anyway that are not found in regular soda. And in my opinion, tastes awful!

I have a rule about how I eat and drink and my rule is to Eat my Calories. To me, to drink my calories is such a waste! Why drink a 600 calorie fancy coffee- mocha-latte-cappuccino-something-or-another when I could have a veggie burger loaded with salad and a slice of real cheese for the same amount of calories?

I like the sensation of chewing and eating so I don't want to just swallow some super high calorie liquid and get no real satisfaction!

(Aside from wine. For a great chilled white wine, I'm ok about drinking my calories!)

Oh -the question was diet soda and I've gone off on a food-and-wine tangent!

So yes, I'd give up soda, diet or otherwise!

Healthy Eating