do i have diabetes ?

By September 20, 2015 - 6:10pm

diabetes run very strongly on both sides of my family, more so on my mothers side with her aunty and pop passing away due to the disease, and my mother was also diagnosed with stationary diabetes with all 3 pregnancies. i didn't notice any symptoms until a few people starting bringing it to my attention recently. i know of the common symptoms to look out for as I'm prone to it but now I've freaked myself out as i do fall under a lot of signs of type 1 diabetes. for as long as i can remember i have had a extremely strong bladder sometimes without needing to go to the toilet for days, but in the past 6 months i have noticed I've been needing to go to the bathroom every 2 hours or so, even waking up in the night (which i have never done) this may be caused my the amount of water i drink as i like to keep hydrated but that has never affected me in the past, also I've become very fatigue and lethargic even after a good 10 hour sleep i would find myself distracted, yawning constantly and needing to go to sleep which has dramatically affected my school work so its not ideal. I've also become very known as a easy bruiser and having my sores/cuts heal very slowly, leaving many scars on my body. With the other symptoms such as blurred vision, feeling dizzy and headaches these come and go, i do suffer from bad migraines but I've been dealing with that since i was about 10, i usually only feel dizzy when i get up of a morning or during the night and i do wear reading glasses so that may explain blurred vision.

Hi Alinaaa

Diabetes certainly has a genetic component. Do you mean Type A or Type B?

According to the American Diabetes Association, Symptoms of diabetes include:

Urinating often
Feeling very thirsty
Feeling very hungry - even though you are eating
Extreme fatigue Blurry vision
Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal
Weight loss - even though you are eating more (type 1)
Tingling, pain, or numbness in the hands/feet (type 2) - See more at: http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/symptoms/?referrer=https://www.google.com/#sthash.TO90mv6U.dpuf

So as you can see you have enough symptoms to warrant seeing a doctor. Blood tests can let you know if you have diabetes or not, so my advice is to see a doctor as soon a possible.

will be seeing a doctor asap! thanks Susan, appreciate your help

Diabetes Guide