Do strawberries affect birth control pills?

Do strawberries decrease birh control effectiveness? I eat about a bowl everyday.will too much vitamin c affect the pill?

Hi Jj101Dd

No, a bowl of strawberries every day will not affect your birth control. But too many vitamins of any kind - in fact too much of anything - isn't good for the body.

We need about 70-80 mgs of C per day. A small bowl (one serving) should provide about half of what you need per day.

Hi Susan & thanks for your reply! I usually take about 70 mg in a day but I was reading the interactions tab for my birth control pill (norinyl 1+35) & "drugs that increase blood levels of this drug (e.g vitamin c & all these other names.)" but I didn't quite understand what they meant like vitamin c supplements cause I'm sure those have more than the daily amount? But then I read the foods you should avoid and it only said grapefruit. Then I read in another article that if you take more than 100 mgs of vitamin c to take it four or more hours before or after taking your pill. But since I took half a daily serving probably even a little less about 2.5 hours before, I should be okay right?