do untreated ultrasound and ct scan findings go away later?

I have on several occasions had ct scan and/or ultrasound results say things like: "large, solid, adnexal mass, needs followup" "3cm soft tissue mass likely to be malignant due to patient's history (in lung)", "portal vien thrombosis including total occlusion of the splenic vien." I was not even informed of things like these usually, and know there has never been follow up investigation and/or medical treatment for these types of things and only ever discovered any of it after insisting on buying my medical records to read the older stuff.. And yet, later, on newer scans and such, nothing is ever mentioned of older results and reports.. Do these types of things go away if you leave them alone? how am I to know what to ever believe is real, or serious? what do you do when you are afraid the docs are only doing these things so they will know what not to say to a patient?

Well, your post is very unusual. You absolutely should have had followup meetings and possible procedures done after reading results like these! 

Tissue that was found that was "likely to be malignant" is pretty close to a cancer diagnosis and you never received any follow up care?  This is really quite disturbing. 

If your scans now are clear, I wonder if you got the wrong results/someone else's results? 

Anon. this is not usual or normal at all. Please call your medical provider and insist on talking to someone about this.  You should not have to pay to see your medical records - they are your records and you should have access to them at all times. I can access mine anytime. 

Some issues in the body self-heal but masses etc don't often - you really need a follow up. Will you insist on this and let us know the outcome? This is not accepable medical practice! 

Thank you for responding and reassuring me that I am not being just too overly obsessive on this subject. Yes,,, "unusual" does not even begin to touch this entire bizarre medical history I have accumulated over the years.. I often hope its not just me.. but then again, I really do hope it is just me,, some kind of a fluke that keeps getting caught between the cracks and not deliberately mistreated.. I don't know what to think most of the time and more and more, don't know what to do, what to think or where to go,, who to turn to. its all mostly too much for normal health care people to have to know outside of a chosen specialty, and they always comment in the records of the extremely complex and confusing medical history I lay on them, but try not to overwhelm them with. I have tried in the last couple of years to narrow it down to just the most important things, but to not know what those would be makes that goal nearly impossible, and it all leaves me too often, criticized, judged, and decided as a potential problem or just plain nuts... there just isn't very many of them who want to have to take the time to go through such a massive amount of stuff to weed out the stuff most important, and yet, I am unable to get it done for them, and disliked for trying to... no answers are very confusing when reading these types of things seems so impossible to still be living through, as healthy as I am. sick yes, but not as much as itseems I should be with the stuff I have read. I have no clue if I should worry of any of it, or all of it and be very afraid... thanks for answering... God loves us all, thankfully. this site don't seem to like me much either.,, it keeps logging me out when I try to ask a question and stuff... lol..

I really do encourage you to get your medical records. Do you have a friend in the medical community who can help you to sort through them? 

Also, our site has been a little iffy in the last few days but if you join it may work better. It only takes about 30 seconds and you can still remain anonymous!