Do women smell different after menopause?

By Michelle King Robson Expert HERWriter December 15, 2008 - 9:41pm

Do any of you who have gone through menopause think you smell different than you did before? By that I mean the way your body smells to you, not that your nose is working differently. I always thought it was just me that felt this way, but tonight I read an article about someone else who thinks she also smells different now that she's post-menopausal.

Map (reply to Anonymous)

I use Dial soap and vinegar and it works. I soapey up my wash rag and pour about 2table spoons of white vinegar on my rag and wash all over then rinse off, it helps with my sweating also.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You are very kind to share this info, Anon. Many of our readers are desperately searching for a solution and positive experiences always help!

Gatorgirlsj

I'm so happy to have stumbled across this website . I'm not alone

Anonymous

I am 51 and haven't noticed any odor in the vaginal area but my arm pits STINK lately! It smells like a garbage can, I can't stand it! I saw above to apply witch hazel to the armpits I am going to try that.

to Anonymous about arm pits smell. Have you tried making your own deodorant with baking soda, coconut oil and lavender e.o.? It really works. Years, before menopause I started to have a skunky smell and tried everything!! The only thing that worked and still does is what I mentioned above. Look online for DIY deodorant recipes.

I have found over the years that I need to change my deodorant brand every couple of years. I think my body must get used to it. I just changed my deodorant recently because I was starting to have underarm odor again and it's fine now!

Witch hazel is a good idea, also consider lemon juice or tea tree oil, both are natural deodorants. Let us know what works for you, it could really help our readers.

I also found that my deodorant wasn't working anymore once I started Menopause, I was using Secret solid powder, I still use secret I just changed to Secret clear gel Outlast protecting powder, and it works for me.

Anonymous

I am 54 and had no monthly period for almost 2years. Just recently I noticed a different vaginal odor but I got no discharge. I am on an anti bacterial medication (nasal inflammation) at present and was amazed to discover that the odor suddenly disappeared . So I guess unknowingly, i had a bacterial infection down there . But this forum is very helpful and gives relief. Thank you to all.☺

Anonymous

Yes it smells like something died in there. It did, my sex life :)

Menopause

Menopause Guide

Do you have hot flashes due to menopause? :