Menopause

Menopause Guide

ask: Do women smell different after menopause?

By Michelle King Robson Expert HERWriter

Do any of you who have gone through menopause think you smell different than you did before? By that I mean the way your body smells to you, not that your nose is working differently. I always thought it was just me that felt this way, but tonight I read an article about someone else who thinks she also smells different now that she's post-menopausal.

Anonymous

I'm 64 yrs old, menopause finally came at age 60. Began smelling that horrible noxious odor around 56. After extensive reading, I deduced that I was having a ph imbalance issue due to the use of soap. Last year I got a bottle of Vagisil PH balance for use in vaginal and rectal areas. It helped quite a bit. A few months ago I replaced my pantiliners with Poise micro liners. Now the only time that odor returns is after sex but not as significant.

Felicia50 (reply to Anonymous)

Thank you, I will try some of the suggestions that you have made. I started having problems with the under arms in my late twenties, no kidding. I changed to men's deodorant named Mitchum. I used it for about five years. I was sweating profusely. Finally after the 5 year period give or take a few around the 5 year lenght of time I was able switch back to Secret.

Anonymous

Yes, I have noticed and I've developed a CURE! Seriously I couldn't go 4 hours without washing before the smell would come. Now, I can actually go camping for 2 days with no shower and there is....(drum roll....) NO ODOR! I've written an ebook about how to banish this middle aged problem using simple, organic and edible ingredients to make an ointment that will make you feel 20 again.
Email me at Debideedog@yahoo.com if you are interested.

Anonymous

The smell has been driving me nuts. It reminds me of the smell on a bus in a third-world country. The odd thing is, I have not been able to locate it on me—no sign of odor on my clothing, even after all day wear. As far as I know, I don't have health or weight issues other than menopause that might cause it. My husband hasn't said anything, and he's usually very scent-sensitive, and I asked at my last checkup and neither the doctor or nurse could smell anything different, but I can, and it's horrible. My work requires me to be around people, and I feel very self-conscious despite daily showers, antiperspirant, etc. I am going to try the probiotic suggestion and the PureBodyScent—at least they are somewhat natural and worth a shot.

KENBORDEN1 (reply to Anonymous)

I think it is always good to wear a pad everyday.

Anonymous (reply to KENBORDEN1)

Why is that, KEN?

Pads dont cure anything
If anything they make things worse.. Think many are discussing different odours and wondering why and looking for support .

Anonymous (reply to KENBORDEN1)

Hi

A pad wouldnt help, its not a feminine problem..
Its just a general feeling of smelling different all over as in bodily scent .

Anonymous

I have been on this website at least 3 times now. I have read some of the new comments (What is causing my odor)? I just wanted to say that one has to take inventory of their own bodies, I did.
My vaginal odor is gone now a 100 percent for 2 months now. My GYN doctor gave me Metronidazole Vagina Jell 75%. All other odors were caused by a prolapsed bladder problem that I have, and when I have surgery that will be fixed also. Other odors: There was a strong (old people smell) in my bedroom
What could cause that I was only 56; well it was my underarms (who knew)!
And then there is the woman’s hormone smell (horrible) right. Mine comes out when I am upset.
My GYN gave me a prescription for low dose estrogen, I know I was afraid at first also, but I had no choice my body was falling apart; it is good to take it along with progesterone cream. A good company that sells it is smoky mountain naturals. The late Joan Rivers said that vodka can cover underarm odor, and it really works. Chalk coal under ware cuts down odor also. So listen to Dr OZ when you can and Always has new pads out. Take care

Thanks for sharing.
My gyno suggested ovestin estriol vaginal ovules and they help with dryness etc, ovestin cream version should also be used on external bits ladies .. Just a bit .. Keep all softened around vaginal entrance . It helps no end. My gyno said big no for natural progesterone cream as it messs women up ( did me ) gave me a breast lump and restarted periods.
Natural progesterone may store up in body fat and convert into testosterone and cause havoc.. Google natural progesterone dangers and at least you know the risks
Xxx

Do you have hot flashes due to menopause? :