Menopause

Menopause Guide

ask: Do women smell different after menopause?

By Michelle King Robson Expert HERWriter

Do any of you who have gone through menopause think you smell different than you did before? By that I mean the way your body smells to you, not that your nose is working differently. I always thought it was just me that felt this way, but tonight I read an article about someone else who thinks she also smells different now that she's post-menopausal.

Whoever you are I would love to get to know you! That smell I think I have always distract me during sex and the whole time of course I am thinking, "does he smell that?" I do not want to ask my partner the question but then I don't want to appear to not want him either. I wish there's a better way to enjoy the sex without being so distracted by my smell.

".... I wish there's a better way to enjoy the sex without being so distracted by my smell..." Embrace it! It's wonderful! Enjoy your sexuality and your sex. Let go of your inhibitions! This is your essence, your gift to your lover. I really can't explain it, but the scent of a woman (not perfume) makes me dizzy and crazy horny. The cosmetics industry has done a terrible disservice to women; I hope you and others posting here realize this sooner than later. Joy and love to you.

notlaughingnow

It is with wild crazy eyes I ask all my sisters frolicking through the menopausal daisies... "Really? !" I will be 50 in 2 mos. Been going thru meno for about a yr 1/2. Just had ovaries removed Mid March. 2 weeks later, attended my 90 yr old G-dads BDay Party AT THE CHURCH and stood there wondering, who is that idiot standing there crying like a manic fool? Oh, wait... it was me. I had folks hugging me saying, "I don't know why u r crying, but I'd like to hug you. Damnit! I thought I stopped crying 10 min ago! Now... today, I realize.. what is that nasty scent I keep smelling. Oh Joy! It's me again. YES, YES, YES. It is a musty , oily, old smell. I have so much social anxiety I skipped Easter Sun Church with husband. Y'day he booked a cruise wants to pay 4 spray tan & new outfits (thanks for the weight gain, Menopause) and all I can think of is... lipstick on a pig (and food). Kindly declined. (WHAT! Who said that!) Considering a gambling addition, must learn fast! He is actually taking this psycho nut ball to the hot ocean tropics to die of hotflashes while he sits poolside and admires the Brazilian bikinis pretending to puff on that cigar he never lights.. Poor, poor fool. Then again, it would take energy to care about it now. Never mind. I STINK!

Anonymous (reply to notlaughingnow)

I know, I know! Going through it right now, embarrassing. ..I thought I was losing it until I ser I am not alone in this...I wish we could meet, hug and reassure each other.... im not happy someone else feels this way, but reassured im not nutz!
Anonymous

Anonymous

What me and some in my family felt was like a sour blood smell coming from me, this is when I am going trough my last periods, just before menopause. Have any of you girls experienced this??

nurse1946

I just read the comments about older women smelling or having a certain order. As a nurse for over 40 years starting out as a nurses aide I've taken care of older women all my life. As an RN I worked even closely with older people in the heart unit and we have to bath and completely care for out cardiac patients. I have never smelled any particular odor from an old women that I haven't smelled on a young women. I do realize that certain foods emit different odors in people that consume say a lot of garlic, stuff like that but the Idea of women having different odors as they age if it's true there must be an explanation.

TheTruth

i don't even want to know.

cheryljw

Absolutley! I am 56 years old, 3 years post menopausal, breezed right into it and through it with only an occasional night sweat but have noticed in the past 6 months or so, my body smells. Not like underarm stinky smell but just a strange unpleasant odor almost like oily smell but I'm not oily. I use antibacterial soap, deoderant, powder, scented lotions and I can still smell it! My husband says he has not noticed though. Sorry but glad there are others who share the same problem. If someone finds a remedy, please share. Otherwise, I am loooooovin the menopause!

daiziedoodle (reply to cheryljw)

I wish I knew !!!! I smell a fonk ! I've, duched, powdered , washed and all the above over and over ! When I sit somewhere for any length of time I smell this SMELL ! Dang it !!! There's got to be a hormonal reason for this ! I've never ( my privates) smelled this before !!!

Do you have hot flashes due to menopause? :