Menopause

Menopause Guide

ask: Do women smell different after menopause?

By Michelle King Robson Expert HERWriter

Do any of you who have gone through menopause think you smell different than you did before? By that I mean the way your body smells to you, not that your nose is working differently. I always thought it was just me that felt this way, but tonight I read an article about someone else who thinks she also smells different now that she's post-menopausal.

Anonymous

Hello friends I have be surfereing from this kind of spell will make people to mock and laugh at me I just explain how it all staeted I visited to places and so many Docttors advice and still the spell remain not until I saw a post of Priest Okija and how he cured the woman with fabroid and I decided to give it a through this email okija7demons@gmail.com and I told him everything he did all his consultation and tell me all I will do and in less than 3day all the smell disappear and not single smell is remaing contact him via okija7demons@gmail.com he can do more

Anonymous

I have found that if you wear only natural cloth like 100% cotton, silk or linen blouses, this works wonders for hot flashes and funk...Stay away from synthetic materials like polyester that doesn't allow the skin to breathe.... use ONLY ivory soap, dove soap or any intimate cleansing soap for DOWN THERE...anything else is going to throw the pH balance off and then you have got instant crotch rot...
Also, refreshing in shower: cut half lemon, smear all ovet then rinse....in summertime I usually carry wet washcloth (with/without soap) for quick pick-me-up..and lastly, always always carry intimate cleansing cloths in your make up bag...sincerely, Your Sweating Sister..lol

Anonymous

Wow. Hugs and kisses to you all. I am in good company. I thought I was the ONLY person in the world that had this problem! Its embarrassing, not to mention uncomfortable: hot flashes, sudden anger, dry vagina, overall grumpiness, and that age old favorite: the brain fart (forgetfulness). Before I go to the store, I write a list of just a few items. If I dont, when I get in the store I will forget what im in there for! Its funny at times, at other times, no. I will try to tske trains and buses when its not crowded...very self conscious about body odors....but im riding this wave like a champ because theres no other choice. ..thank you everyone.God Bless You.

Anonymous

I WAS JUST TOLD THAT I HAD MADE IT TO MENAPAUSE @ 47YRS OLD. I DON'T MIND SO MUCH AS I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT IT. I DO HAVE THAT SMELL THING GOING ON AND I AM WASHING AND SITTING IN BATHES WITH NATURAL OILS AND DOUCHING ( SOMETHING I HADN'T DONE IN OVER 20YRS, PER MY DR.) WHEN THIS SMELL HAPPENED I WAS SO PARANOID THAT PEOPLE SMELLED ME. AS SOME OTHERS HAVE STATED, NO ONE ELSE SMELLED ME OR SO THEY SAY. MY SPOUSE DIDN'T AND THE DR. WHO DID MY WELL WOMAND CHECK UP DIDNT SAY SHE SMELLED ANYTHING AND MY URINE WAS NORMAL ALSO. THANK YOU ALL, I MEAN THE MEN ALSO, FOR SHARING. IT HAS HELPED ME A LOT. I CAN'T SAY I WON'T USE THOSE WIPES AND I WEAR A PANTY LINER ALSO, CAUSE I THINK IT KEEPS THE SMELL FROM GETTING OUT! OMG...I SMELL MY PANTIES AND THEY DON'T SMELL LIKE WHAT I AM SMELLING AND I CAN'T EVEN THINK IT'S MY WHOLE BODY!!!!! THIS REALLY BUGS ME. I WILL TAKE IN WHAT HAS BEEN SAID AND AGAIN, TY
MRS. ALLISON
TEXAS

Anonymous

I'm definitely smelling something different. Like sour sweat. I bathe, douche, use clinical strength deodorant. And somehow that smell still lurks around. I think I'm going to try vagilsil wipes for my vaginal area and some kind of cornstarch powder for under my boobs( they're very large (real). Crossed fingers it diminishes ! I'll check back in a couple of weeks to report any changes !

Anonymous

I guess I am the opposite...my body scents are much less now. I'm talking about body odor AND that musky smell that gets on panties. Most days, my panties don't smell at all. I do not have any bad odor from the vagina but I never did before. I never had any infections or yeast problems. I used to hate that musky smell down there and it embarrassed me during sex but now I actually miss it. I kind of feel sad, because I did not know it would go away with menopause. Once in a while it returns, but not as strong.

Anonymous

I'm glad to know others are having similar problems. I thought sometime was wrong with me. I believe i'm going through menopause because i'm discharging a brown foul odor even my urine has an odor.

Anonymous

I'm 55, been menopausal for 3 years, have diabetes and hypothyroidism. I get sour smells from my armpits and vulva, which my partner has noticed and commented on. I have tried various products including creams, deodorants, powders, herbal pills, prescription pills and having 4 or 5 showers daily. I've seen my GP who can find no infection or anything else that would cause this and has tested me for everything (including fungal and bacterial infections). Nothing worked for me until I tried (in desperation), antibacterial wipes in both areas, these work extremely well in my vulva - I have little or no smell after using one for at least two days while continuing to shower twice daily. The wipes are not as effective in my armpits, the smell returns after a few hours, so I have started using hand sanitising gel for this area and a light moisturising lotion after application, this removes the smell for a full 24 hours. This formula, which I have used for three months now, works perfectly for me and I am so happy with the results - no side effects like drying of the skin either. Everyone's body is different and no one treatment will work for all, but if you have tried everything you can think of and are desperate, as I was, this might be something that will work for you. GOOD LUCK GIRLS.

Anonymous

I sweat terribly and yes the odor is not a good thing. I've been trying to get my body in balance by eating alkaline foods. As for the odor I absolutely recommend purebodyscent all over body deodorant, this stuff is the greatest. No more odor for me but I am still trying to get my body in balance. Liz

Anonymous

My GYN told me that post-menopause your vagina is more alkaline, and can develop Strep B, which does cause an odor. I received a prescription to use twice weekly as part of a hygiene routine.

Do you have hot flashes due to menopause?
Yes
73%
No
27%
Total: 249 Votes