Menopause

Menopause Guide

ask: Do women smell different after menopause?

By Michelle King Robson Expert HERWriter

Do any of you who have gone through menopause think you smell different than you did before? By that I mean the way your body smells to you, not that your nose is working differently. I always thought it was just me that felt this way, but tonight I read an article about someone else who thinks she also smells different now that she's post-menopausal.

sandra3324

I was badly hurt when my lover of three years left me to be with another woman . I cried and sobbed every day, and wish the world will just come to and end , until it got so bad that I reached out to the Internet for help. And i saw a testimony of a spell caster that has been helping people with similar problem that very day i read a lot of testimony and post of this power spell caster , and i said let me give it a trial so i contact him for help and he cast a love spell for me which i use in getting my love back and now i am a happy woman. For what you have done for me,i will not stop to share your goodness to people as well I hope God blesses you as much as you have help me to get my Love back,visit him on kobikospelltemple@yahoo.com is the only answer to your problems ...

Anonymous

What me and some in my family felt was like a sour blood smell coming from me, this is when I am going trough my last periods, just before menopause. Have any of you girls experienced this??

nurse1946

I just read the comments about older women smelling or having a certain order. As a nurse for over 40 years starting out as a nurses aide I've taken care of older women all my life. As an RN I worked even closely with older people in the heart unit and we have to bath and completely care for out cardiac patients. I have never smelled any particular odor from an old women that I haven't smelled on a young women. I do realize that certain foods emit different odors in people that consume say a lot of garlic, stuff like that but the Idea of women having different odors as they age if it's true there must be an explanation.

TheTruth

i don't even want to know.

Krissy Lanni

no

cheryljw

Absolutley! I am 56 years old, 3 years post menopausal, breezed right into it and through it with only an occasional night sweat but have noticed in the past 6 months or so, my body smells. Not like underarm stinky smell but just a strange unpleasant odor almost like oily smell but I'm not oily. I use antibacterial soap, deoderant, powder, scented lotions and I can still smell it! My husband says he has not noticed though. Sorry but glad there are others who share the same problem. If someone finds a remedy, please share. Otherwise, I am loooooovin the menopause!

Anonymous (reply to cheryljw)

I just got off of hormone replacement therapy and have this oily scent that I can't get rid of. My husband doesn't smell anything different about me but I do, even my perfumes smell different. I've take an epsom salt/baking soda bath, I've drank lemon, maple syrup and cayenne in order to cleanse my system and still it hasn't gone away. It's really upsetting because I pride myself in always smelling good. Someone please help!

Anonymous

A change in body odor, urine and a taste in the mouth could indicate health issues such as thyroid, diabetes, and even respiratory related troubles. These are things that perfumes won't correct.

Anonymous

Yes--I'm 66 and very upset because I noticed that now when i sweat i smell like a man--no joke--i take 2 showers a day, use strong deodorant, but the sweat/smell i'm talking about is from all over the body--i also seem to sweat excessively on my back--is there anything i can do about this? Yuck!

Anonymous

YESSSSS! My hair STINKS but not for long because it is all falling out. It doesn't matter what I have tried...it still has an odor and falls out in 300+ wads every time it is washed (every other day). DO NOT HAVE YOUR OVARIES REMOVED unless it is life or death. Just after turning 44, mine were taken (endometriosis) and since then I have high blood pressure, a large thryroid tumor, autoimmune kidney disease, Sjogren's Syndrome, and severe hair loss. All the other things like hot flashes and loss of sexual function have been comparatively minor. My hormone levels, including thyroid, are normal so I believe it is all because I have no ovaries. You don't hear of men having their testicles removed and thrown on HRT at the whim of someone thinking they don't need them any more because they are too old for children! I see middle aged women in a completely different light now that my eyes have been opened. Hang in there ladies...God has our backs ;-}

Do you have hot flashes due to menopause?
Yes
72%
No
28%
Total: 218 Votes