Do you know of anyone with Generalized Myasthenia Gravis that take CBD (med marijuana)?

I have Generalized Myasthenia Gravis, diagnosed in Oct 2008. Thymoma and thymus removed Jan 2009. I am taking 4 - 60 mg mestinon and go for IVIG every 30 days. I am not and have not been on any steroids as I come from a family that is too sensitive to many pharmaceuticals. Side-effects are worse than the disease. I have been reading about CBD and wondering if you know of anyone that has used it without side effects?
Thanks so much Ellen

Hi Ellen

We hope there are other readers who see your post and give you the benefit of their experiences if they have use MM for GMG. 

Many doctors do recommend marijuana for stress and pain management when dealing with GMG. 

Side effects should be minimal since MM cannot be laced with anything untoward and is usually of good quality. It might be a trial and error thing for you at first.  Talk to your doctor about getting a script and MM card. 

Please let us know if it works for you and again, I hope you hear from others. 

Myasthenia Gravis

Myasthenia Gravis Guide