Do you know a good doctor R.I. that has the knowledge how to use bioidencial hormones

I was on bioidencial hormones for about 6-7 years, but really started losing my hair and felt I had to stop. Is that a side effect? The drs. I went to, seemed not to help me. I still believe in them, but at the cost of my hair, i had no choice. I am seeing a naturopathic dr. now and has put me on anti-infammatory diet. I still want to be in hormomally in balance, and don't understand enough if I am doing the right thing.

Hi Sharon1

Thank you for your question! 

Hair loss is women is caused by many things. It can be genetic but it can also be due to anemia - low iron in the blood. Other causes are hormonal fluctuations or a thyroid condition or adrenal malfunction. Age and stress are also causes. 

I would look into these possible causes before looking into more bioidentical hormones. In fact, according to advocates of these hormones, hair should be far more healthy with them that without. 

Are you off the hormones now? If so, have you noticed a difference in how you feel or your hair? Because many women have adrenal or thyroid issues around the age of menopause, these could be the root of your problem rather than a loss of estrogen. 

It's a good idea to have testing done to rule these out. 

Can you tell me if you have had this done already?

Appreciate the time and caring to answer my question

Menopause Guide