Do you normally feel dizzy and fatigue, hurting all over with Scoliosis?

I just was told I have Scoliosis. I'm 33 years old. I have an appointment with a Orthopedic Surgeon on Tuesday. What do Orthopedic Surgeons normally do for someone who has this? I have so many questions. I have felt horrible for years. I never knew I had this until now.

Thanks for your post and I am glad you are preparing yourself for your visit next week!

Certainly fatigue can be a factor with scoliosis and some people have reported some kind of vertigoa and dizziness but we can't say if that's the link, in your case.

Orthopedic doctors focus on bones and joints and muscles, including the spine, so you are being referred to a specialist.

He or she will evaluate your spine and advise you on a course of action (that may or may not include surgery) to correct this condition or at least treat it. Depending on the angle of your spine, your health in general and your wishes, you and she will come up with a healh plan.

Please take a look at our in-depth page on Scoliosis and let me know if you have further questions! You can also read many question and answer posts here too:

Scoliosis Guide