Do you think optimism in fertility helps?

By Anonymous January 14, 2015 - 5:58am

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost 3 years. We have been told we are both perfectly healthy and just need to relax and keep trying. Thank God for that. I am a TRUE believer in whatever you think about you get. Lately, as time passes, it has become increasingly difficult for my mind to be strong and optimistic, even though my doctors tell me to. I could be pregnant right now, as I am in my 2 week wait, but instead of hope I have a negative mindset because I am so used to the disappointment. How can I change that? Do you have any tips on raising optimism for fertility and do you believe there is a connection?

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for reaching out to our community for advice.

I firmly believe that a positive attitude and optimism are key to overcoming any obstacle in life. Helped me battle two cancers and reach remission.

Focusing too much on conceiving can have a negative affect. The old saying was "get a dog or cat". Point being, divert your attention to something else, like a pet.

Check out the EmpowHER Infertility/Fertility Home page:

You may find an article, video or discussion that "speaks" to you.

Sending positive thoughts your way:)

Infertility / Fertility

Infertility / Fertility Guide