Does anyone have any advice for pregnancy after the merina.

By Anonymous November 21, 2012 - 11:00am

I have had the merina in for 4 years. It has been a roller coaster of problems with it. I got it removed after seeing so many problems being connected to the birth control. It's been almost 6 weeks since I've had it out and I still have no period, but numerous signs of pregnancy. I've taken home pregnancy tests and had negative results. I want nothing more than to start a family with my fiancé, and I know it's still early but the information I've been gathering about the effects of merina have me worried. I don't have any children and I am just hoping that the merina didn't ruin my chances of ever having any.

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Some of the side effects after the removal of the MIrena, can be cramping, bleeding, spotting, clotting and many other.  You need to discuss with your doctor the fact, you have not gotten your period again.