ask: Does anyone have any experience using the HCG Weight Loss plan?

By nanashana January 5, 2010 - 8:19pm

I've just met with my doctor about my weight gain. Last year about this time, I went into menopause. I stopped having my period, stopped sleeping through the night, lost a lot of hair, my skin went dry, I noticed patches of brown spots appearing on my face and hands, I lost my interest in intimacy with my husband, I forgot simple things like "why did I walk into this room again?", I was irritable, and I gained about 20 pounds! It was about this time that I read a book by Suzanne Somers called "Breakthrough: Eight Steps to Wellness." She talked about using bio-identical hormone replacement therapy and in a rhythmic dosage rather than a static dosage. I talked to my doctor about it and she prescribed an estriol cream to be taken vaginally 1-2x per week as needed, and a progesterone cream to be taken for two weeks on and two weeks off. She also prescribed melatonin and 5htp to help me sleep. I'd also read about L-Arginine to help with hot flashes. Those things helped but didn't fully alleviate my symptoms so I kept doing research on menopause and it's symptoms. I found a method of dosage and delivery for bio-identical hormone replacement therapy called The Wiley Protocol and asked my doctor about it. She had JUST heard about it herself. So, we agreed to embark on the adventure of trying it to help me. So far it's worked to alleviate all of my symptoms with the exception of my WEIGHT! ARg.

So, I went through the same steps of research and found a hormone called HCG for weight loss, did my homework and learned that my own doctor prescribes it! Thus, starting tomorrow, I will be injecting myself with this hormone that is only produced by pregnant women. Ironically, two other women in my office are also starting this very weight loss plan this week. I'm just looking for others online who have had experience with this and what they have to say about it.

I really hope this message gets to "Jennifer" ther person who posted all of the awesome tips above on January 10th!! Ive been researchign this protocol for weeks and had never read such great tips all in ONE place :-) I would love to be able to ask you questions, if its ok with you, once I start my protocol in two weeks? If its ok with you, i'm at

THANK YOU for all the great information, i will be making a quick reference guide from it! LOL

rmnant1 (reply to Anonymous)

Jennifer, you just don't know how much you have cleared up so much confusion. I was told not to skip an injection day, and now I realize I missed that on the huge manuscript of Pound and Inches....It's a lot of info, and I found it to be a little confusing at times. I am taking 2 ml ( insulin needles) of the injection is this too much in your opinion? I am still hungry too? Not sure what's the culprit. I haven't cheated, but I am ready to eat when it's time definitely...Any thoughts?

Hi Jennifer, sounds great! Please email me with the info., cost and website on how to order the shots from Europe to my email address:

Also, would love some recipes!

Hi Jennifer, I too live in McKinney and would love to hear more from you about what you know, where you've gotten your info, etc. I'm very very interested! I only heard about this just today at work and I truly want to know more! Thanks, Leslie

Hi Leslie!
Mckinney Eh? I would be more than happy to give you the rundown on HCG as long as you have weight to lose. It is a very life changing protocol and your timing couldn't be more perfect, I'm just getting ready to start my next round! (On my second round since having twins) I lost 60 pounds doing this before I got pregnant, so essentially I'm starting over.
I would be more than happy to chat with you about where to get it, how to mix, what to eat and how to do it. My personal email is X. Shoot me an email and we can exchange our info so we can chat more in depth about you starting your first round of life changing HCG!
I look forward to hearing from you,
Jen :)
X - Personal email address removed by EmpowHER Moderator.

Jennifer where did you order it from?

minime (reply to Anonymous)

You can order from she is a wholesale distributor of hcg drops. I have lost 36 pounds in 36 days!

I order my HCG from I've used both the Pregnyl and the Hucog, they both work the same and the Hucog seems to be less for the 5000 IU, which for either you will need 2 for a total of 10,000 IU's. My syringes and bacteriostatic water I order from and got the diabetic needles in a packs of 100, that way I'm set for multiple rounds.
If you have any other questions I'm happy to help!

brenda.yaw (reply to Anonymous)

OMG , you give yourself the shots? I wouldnt even know how to do it! What part of the body do you give it?

nanashana (reply to brenda.yaw)

I inject intermuscular, where there is no fat, since that's how my doctor taught me but from what I'm learning, it's effective either way. I've never given myself, or anyone else, a shot before either. I actually feel empowered and equipped now. I'm gonna start giving myself B12 shots when I'm done with the HCG. But you can also choose to do sublingual (under the tongue) drops, which is what my husband will end up doing since he's squeamish about shots. That's also effective.

Menopause Guide

Do you have hot flashes due to menopause? :