Does anyone know anything about parathyroid tumors?

By February 15, 2012 - 7:52am

What is the surgery like? The recovery? How long does it take and is it very painful? My roommate is having this surgery very soon and I would like to know how I can best be prepared to help her. It is on the right side and there are 2 tumors. Thank you for any information you have to offer.

Hi bbnrse

Thanks for your question; I hope your friend's surgery goes well. She should have a lot of information about this herself that she can share with you. It's also a good idea to possibly sit in on one of her consultations before surgery so that as her post-op caregiver, you will know what to expect. Please set this up with her as soon as you can.

You can also learn a lot here: http://parathyroid.com/parathyroid-cancer.htm

We wish your friend the best!

Sleep Disorders

Sleep Disorders Guide