Does anyone know of a good sensitive deodorant?

By May 15, 2009 - 11:23am

I have very sensitive skin and it seems every deodorant I use irritates it! I have tried all types of Secret products as well as Dove products. I am not sure if I am overly picky, but the "powder fresh" scents give me headaches and the gel like deodorants don't seem to really do much at all.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thank you!

Have you tried rock salt deodorant....I've used it since I had my brest cancer surgery and love it. I am heavier and I fine this to work....Hope this helps.
I got years ago at health food store, lasts forever....

(reply to Anonymous)

Is that the same as the "crystal" deodorant?

I think most deodorants can be a bit sticky but there are others to try.

Funk Butter is one.

Avalon natural products also offer natural deodorants. www.avalonnaturalproducts.com

Both get rave reviews although many love Tom's as well. Are you sure it's not the shaving under your arms that is irritating you? Do you use shave gel to shave? I would recommend using a rich creamy hair conditioner instead.

I think it may be a trial and error process (that hopefully doesn't cost too much!) but please let us know how it goes!

Hi Susanc,

So I finally tracked down the "Tom's of Maine" deodorant and bought some over the weekend. It still seemed to slightly irritate my skin and the consistency was a little sticky. Do you have other suggestions?

Thank you for your advice! I went on the "Tom's of Maine" website and saw that they sell it at a Safeway near my house. I am going to pick some up this weekend. I'll let you know what I think!

Thanks again!

Hi Shana!

"Tom's of Maine" deodorant comes highly recommended by a lot of people. Their products are all natural and have no chemicals. They are wonderful for people with sensitive skin.

They are also free of ethylene glycol, artificial preservatives like formaldehyde (yikes!), animal ingredients or artificial scents.

I'm actually getting the deodorant this weekend. You can go to the Tom's of Maine website and punch in your zipcode and find a store near you.

Also try going to any natural health store near you and seeing what they have.

If you try a product out, tell us what you think!

Skin Products