Degenerative Disc Disease

Degenerative Disc Disease Guide

ask: Does anyone know of a natural treatment/relief for degenerative disc disease?

By jetpackjenny

Short of surgery, is there anything you can do for degenerative disc disease? Has anyone noticed improvement through stretching or exercise? Diet, any supplements? Surgery is an absolute last resort. Thanks.

Anonymous

Yes There is an alternative therapy for completely curing Degenerative Disc Disease, However you will have to be fully committed and stick to the program and protocols if you would like to a full recovery, Look at the following website for reasons why it is that you have this and how to fully and completely cure it, http://www.biblelife.org/back.htm

Good Luck
Dale Martin

Anonymous

I think there is no option to get total relief from Disc Degeneration Treatment except surgery. Surgery can also help you to some extent not in full. For more information you can visit - http://www.samedayspineinstitute.com/conditions/disc-degeneration

Anonymous

my name is ikechukwu oparaugo, i am from nigeria it's just unfortunate we dont have good chiropractors here in my country but if theirs any one within the country or even around the west african countries i will be happy to to visit that person. i am really tuched by what people are saying about you it is mind blowing. i wil say keep it up and continue with work

peteyjr

As a practicing clinician for 24 years as a PT and osteopath I can vouch for exercise therapy, Manipulative/mobilizations and movement type therapies. I have seen good results with aquatic therapy (particularly neuroinhibitory types such as Watsu etc) . One of the more current approaches for DDD invloves change of dietary lifestyle. No single supplement can cure or fix DDD but a commited program to reduce inflammation and acidity can go a long ways in helping the body change to a more favorable regenerative mode. I have seen impressive improvement in highly degenerative individuals after 6-8 months of following a low meat, gluten free, grain free, dairy free diet . Dr Robert Morse ND is an advocate of a fruitairan lifestyle . I have adopted his thinking with excellent results. The key is in moving the lymph , cleaning the colon (Often directly tied to joint health) and improving the four aspects of nutrition - Digestion, absorption, utilization and elimination. Ultimately a highly alkaline diet with at least 80% raw foods can go a long ways in helping reverse chronic inflamation and tisssue degradation .

Anonymous

I was in a car accident and started to feel the effects of DDD. I wanted to know everything about my condition so I started studying everything I could. I did change my diet and exercize habits and to my surprise, it started feeling better!! it's not all the way gone, but I do feel a lot better. Currently I am taking fish oil. flax-seed, wheat germ and vitamin D and calcium. Not sure why but it is working!!

Denny Lou

I was just very recently diagnosed with this & my doctor is recommending that I try the Feldenkrais Method of neuromuscular reeducation. I'm hoping to start next week. Will know more about what they do after this. He said he went to them twice a week for about 10 weeks & it helped his back problems dramatically. Instead of just covering up the pain, I think you are re-training your muscles to possibly correct some of the problem.

Alison Beaver (reply to Denny Lou)

Denny Lou,
Thanks for sharing your story, and we would love to hear back from you in 10 weeks (or earlier, throughout your process), so that we can learn more about your experiences with this method.

Best wishes, and hope to hear back from you!

Anonymous

I love my chiropractor and would recommend regular chiropractic care! There are almost always side effects to surgeries, prescriptions, injections, and all that medical stuff. Think NATURAL as you already seem to be doing - yay ;)

Degenerative disc disease is not actually a disease, but rather a condition in which your discs degenerate or lose their flexibility and ability to cushion your spine. With regular chiropractic care, you can keep your spine healthy and that includes your nervous system which controls all other systems in your body. You can't reverse the degenerative damage you have experienced, but you can prevent it from becoming worse. I think if everyone was under chiropractic care since they were a baby, we would all feel so much better. Thankfully, I was one of the lucky ones and was adjusted since birth :)

Chiropractic adjustments return the joints to more normal motion and remove any nervous system interference. Good joint motion is essential for the health and nutrition of the discs and joints because it permits the exchange of nutrients, fluids, and waste. Good motion also helps reduce pain, muscle spasms or imbalance, and improves nervous system function and overall health. Without movement, discs and joints may degenerate more quickly than normal.

Best wishes! I hope you are under chiropractic care :)

alysiak

A good friend of mine was in a serious car accident and suffered spinal injury. For the past few years, he has undergone prolotherapy with excellent results. I have rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and mild scoliosis, and have been considering prolotherapy.

It's great to see that you've mentioned this alternative to back surgery. My orthopedic surgeon is also in favor of non-surgical alternatives, thank goodness!

jjs2314

First of all, Chiropractic can alot of the time relieve symptoms of degenerative disc disease BUT it does not cure or reverse the condition.
Now there is some truth to chiropractic care preventing DDD.
If you've ever seen a spine model you see that 2 vertebrae surround the disc. As a person bends and twists throughout the day the disc gets pumped(called imbibition) between the vertebrae. This pumping allows old fluid to leave the disc and new fluid to enter.
Now imagine a vertebra "stuck" or misaligned. There is now NO motion to the disc and 5-10 years later the disc has dehydrated and thinned(loss of healthy fluid). The next step is the body starts to worry about the weakened disc so it lays down more bone and you start to see bone spurs(osteophytes) around the disc. This is a slow process (10-20 years to see small spurs) but lets the physician "date" how long you've had a problem.
So letting a chiropractor restore motion to a misaligned vertebra will help maintain the health of the disc, thus preventing DDD.