Does anyone take Zometa for bone cancer? If so, do you have any side effects?

By Expert HERWriter May 25, 2009 - 9:51pm

Hello everyone! A visitor to the website emailed me with a question about a cancer drug called Zometa. She wants to know if it is dangerous, and then also in a follow up email to me, she wants to hear from others who are taking it or have taken it to see if anyone had any side effects. She is fighting bone cancer and wants to learn all she can about Zometa and EmpowHer herself. Below you'll see her email. Thank you so much for any help you can give her with this. I have researched it online a bit and I sent her the information I found, but she is really looking for first-hand experiences. Thanks again, Michelle

"are you a believer in zometa for the beginning of bone cancer, is it dangerous?"

I have metastic brease cancer which has invaded the bone, I have been on Zometa for 8 years. 7 years i received it monthly at Moffitt Cancer Center, this year we started a 2 month infusion. So far it is working, my concern is after all this time is there any serious effects. My doctor states there are no studies of people taking it for this long. I am also on a daily dose of aromasin which recently was changed from tamoxifen.
So far the aromasin is much better, not as much bone pain as the tamoxifen.

Hi Michelle

Thanks for sending your reader information, I hope it helps her.

Let's bump up this post a little to see if any of our readers have first hand experience, or have friends or family who do.

We'll keep an eye on this thread to ensure a response!

Bone Cancer

Bone Cancer Guide