ask: Does cleansing affect the menstrual cycle, and how?

Hi! I usually do two cleanses a year (spring and fall) and have always found that I started bleeding a few days into the cleanse, or right after the cleanse; in any case, always at a time where I should not have a period, according to my menstrual cycle... My doctor says this is not a real period, but urged by the cleanse, and that a "real" one should come at the regular time, so I should wait for that one before worrying... has anyone had this experience or has an explanation for it? Thanks!!!

Anonymous

Hi All,
The Bleeding can be cause by the tea if you are drinking Smooth move. It is also not recommended for you to take it twice a day for 14 days or 10. It can also interfere with certain medications. Whenever beginning to use herbal remedies please consult someone who has the education in herbal healings/medicine. Especially if you are taking contraceptives this tea has licorice in it that combined cause break-through bleeding in between cycles. The bleeding experience is not necessarily a regular cycle but an agitated uterus due the tea. If you would like further specific information for your individual case just respond and I would be happy to assist. Thanks ~M

Your response is so helpful. I've also experienced breakthrough bleeding while using Isagenix cleanse. I just do the cleanse approximately one day per week. Should I stop using the cleanse completely?

The Isagenix Cleanse has more nutrition in it than I'd be willing to give up for some break through blessing. It must be that, thatpart of your body needing cleansing and refreshing as well.

Anonymous

I started a detox tea last Monday. I was just beginning my period (spotting). I missed 2 periods before this. Within two days I was bleeding and now it won't stop. It has been over a week of bleeding and it is getting worse. The last time I had the tea was yesterday. I am going to stop it.

Anonymous

I experienced similiar symptoms. I spoting within days of my cleanser that lasted the length of a typical period. So I discontinued the cleanser and weeks later started it again. As a result, the same thing happened within a day. Although it's not so great to get a period unexpectedly it helped me avoid my premenstral symptoms that I frequently experience. All in all, this will be the last time I use a cleanser. My husband wasn't happy either since he keeps track of my cycle and these unannounced episodes totally threw him off course. LoL!!

Anonymous

I have been getting regular colonics for the last couple months. My first one I had lots of gas bubbles come out and felt fatigued for the rest of that day. With each session I had less and less gas, and less fatigue after my fourth one I had a LOT of waste come but felt great the whole day after.

Had my 5th session on Saturday, very little gas, lots of waste removed but this time I felt more tired than ever afterwards and started spotting on Sunday. My regular cycle ended a few days before my last colonic and my period is extremely regular. It's Monday and I'm still bleeding, not heavily, just the brown spotting like when my period is about to start or ending. I feel great, no cramping, lots of energy so I don't know if I'm getting cleaned out or if something is wrong.

Making an appointment to see my gynecologist tomorrow just to be safe.

Anonymous

So i started the 10 day lemon master cleanse on 5/5/14, and today is 5/10/14. Two days ago i started a very very light pink spotting, with the most intense aching pressure in my back. At the time i wasn't aware what it was really, but then the next day my period fully started and seemed as though it was going to be a regular type of flow....umm not the case. So the morning of 5/9 i put 2 extra overnight pads in my purse left for work and then it got crazy heavy, soaking through 2 pads (as i doubled up to be cautious) within a approximate 30minutes without realizing i was almost bleeding through my clothes. This went on from 8am-4:30pm when i got off (TGIF). It is now 4:36am Saturday and i woke up to this same extremely heavy-duty flow. I am positive the cleanse triggered this as i usually have clotting and this period not the case at all just a (and forgive me for being graphic) slaughter house amounts of bleeding. I hope this last only a regular time frame period, because at this rate of bleeding im foung to be purchasing some Depends

Aboykins (reply to Anonymous)

I know this post is a bit old but I am going through the same issues stated in your blog. Very intense bleeding (I call it murder scene like blood) I am on my 6th day which is normally the day I end my cycle but there is no sign of it leaving anytime soon. I actually started to cramp today and it should be over today. I am doing the candigone cleanse. I am just interested in knowing how it turned out for you?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

This sounds horrendous! If this kind of bleeding goes on for more than a few day, see a doctor. 

Good luck with the rest of your cleanse and use caution with future cleanses. 

Anonymous

I just began a yeast cleanse 3 days ago and began spotting only 8 hours into it. II'm using a product called Canidastroy. Supplements are taken orally 2x per day and sugar and yeast are to be avoided completely for 5 days. The program also discourages the intake of all processed foods. Yesterday I travelled 2 hours in the car unaware that heavy bleeding had begun. Embarrassed, I had to stop at a store for a change of clothing and more supplies. The bleed in has continued for a full 24 hours, soaking thru both a super plus tampon and overnight pad once an hour, every hour! After a sleepless night and flu-like symptoms, I contacted a free med-advice hotline. I've been advised to seek immediate medical attention at a local urgent care center or my local emergency room.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: