Does cleansing affect the menstrual cycle, and how?

By Anonymous April 20, 2010 - 9:52am

Hi! I usually do two cleanses a year (spring and fall) and have always found that I started bleeding a few days into the cleanse, or right after the cleanse; in any case, always at a time where I should not have a period, according to my menstrual cycle... My doctor says this is not a real period, but urged by the cleanse, and that a "real" one should come at the regular time, so I should wait for that one before worrying... has anyone had this experience or has an explanation for it? Thanks!!!

Anonymous

Good day, I am doing a water fast and have begun bleeding. No pills, no cleanses, no teas. Any advice as to why?

Thank you for your assistance

Hello All,

Anytime you are introducing new products or adding a cleanse to your regimen please take the time to read and research the ingredients in every product. Many herbs are good but NOT necessarily a benefit for your particular body or circumstances. Many issues play a part in deciding which supplements are good for you, for example; medications & current/past medical issues.

For example; Licorice: While it has many medicinal benefits it is NOT recommended for people with high blood pressure or heart disease...why...because it can raise blood pressure and cause the body to store water which can make those with high blood pressure and congestive heart failure worse. It can also act like an estrogen in your body which can worsen those with hormone sensitive conditions like: breast, uterine, and ovarian cancer; endometriosis, or uterine fibroids. It can also lower potassium levels in the blood. Senna is also know to cause issues in women's reproductive system.

While many companies have great products it is NOT one size fits all. Some of them come as a kit with many products, and something in the kit is NOT a good idea for you to take. If you really want it just simply ask the Customer Service Representative if you can switch the cleanse for something else due to your sensitivity to some ingredients, take the one item off and give discount now or towards your next purchase, or simply purchase what you want individually. Most companies would be more than happy to accomodate their customers. It is the same if you go into the restaurant and have food allergies.

Your life is important and it is your responsibility to say what can and cannot go into your body.

Take Supplements Responsibly,
~M
Holistic Practitioner & Life Coach
#LiveLoveLaugh

Anonymous

Hi All,
The Bleeding can be cause by the tea if you are drinking Smooth move. It is also not recommended for you to take it twice a day for 14 days or 10. It can also interfere with certain medications. Whenever beginning to use herbal remedies please consult someone who has the education in herbal healings/medicine. Especially if you are taking contraceptives this tea has licorice in it that combined cause break-through bleeding in between cycles. The bleeding experience is not necessarily a regular cycle but an agitated uterus due the tea. If you would like further specific information for your individual case just respond and I would be happy to assist. Thanks ~M

I did a teatox in January had a break through bleed same day I started tea (2 weeks after normal period). February cycle came right on time sync with the break through bleed, but also started the tea back up that same day I started in February. So I start tea I start period, yet February was normal cycle timing too. I stayed on the tea with no break from middle of feb until 1st of april. March period came right on time however lasted 7 days with 3 days of brown, 10 days total. April's period never came, may period I tried to start right on time, but it was only pink for a couple of bathroom trips, middle of may when with 2 girlfriends I was pink for 1 bathroom trip. Now at the end of may beginning of june my period is supposed to be here and I've got nothing. My question is can the teatox change your hormones? Will my period come back to normal?

Hi I would love some feedback, as I've been on the detox since Jan 5th and I am experiencing bleeds. I bled for 4 days and stopped and now bleeding again this time with clots. I couldn't take the salt water so was just taking the tea morning and night. Then changed to just taking in night. Now I haven't had any bowel movements for 3 days instead bleeding. Plus I'm on the pill and haven't had any periods since taking them which has been years. So worried now I'm bleeding twice and now with clots

Do you know if miralax can have a similar effect on a women's menstral cycle?

I started Lyfe Tea and this is my 3rd day using it....i went to the bathroom and noticed I was bleeding....should I stop with the tea? Or is this the break through bleeding?

Did your periods return normal? I did lyfe tea had a break through period as well. Now periods have stopped all together.

Your response is so helpful. I've also experienced breakthrough bleeding while using Isagenix cleanse. I just do the cleanse approximately one day per week. Should I stop using the cleanse completely?

The Isagenix Cleanse has more nutrition in it than I'd be willing to give up for some break through blessing. It must be that, thatpart of your body needing cleansing and refreshing as well.