does this mean im preg ?

By September 24, 2010 - 7:38am

okay, so its sept. 24, im not supposed to get my period until oct.4-6 and today i woke up feeling menstrual cramps. i just ignored it and went about the morning like usual. Now when i just went to the bathroom there was a spot on my underwear that was real wet, milky looking white discharge, kinda thick but not stringy like glue, just like milk. Normally when me and my boyfriend have sex, when he pulls out its all over his penis toward the shaft. what is this signs of? dont have any infections or std's, already been checked.

i am not on b.c . . but its not a big deal if i do get prego. its not like im NOT trying too. i mean technically, we are but its been 3 years and nothing has happened. im beginning to think i cant conceive. i'm still haveing discharge and feel REAL bloated and when i press on my lower stomach below my belly button and around it, it kinda hurts like im pushing real hard, but im not.

Hi Sophie

Thanks for your question.

You are about in the middle of your cycle which usually means ovulation time. One of the main physical signs of ovulation is the discharge that is often exactly as you describe. If you are not using birth control (it does not sound like you are) and you don't want to get pregnant, do NOT have sex for at least the next 4-5 days.

If you are using the withdrawal or 'rhythm' method then part of this method is to withhold from sex around this time.

I hope this helps and thanks for writing!