Does the military check for all stds?

A guy i have been talking to for a few months now said that he wanted to have unprotected sex, but i refused due to my paranoia of diseases and plus I like to be safe. He is in the Army and swear he is clean. A friend of mine told me that the only thing that the military check for is HIV/AIDS, but he isn't in so how would he know right? I need a more reliable source and advice from someone that knows for sure. Not that i want to do anything unprotected, but i'm just curious to know.

Thanks for your post and for being smart enough not to believe this guy! You'd have to wonder why a man would be so insistent on having unprotected sex with a woman who wants to protect herself from diseases. Why is what you want not important?

One of the most common infections is HPV - this can cause cervical cancer in women and genital warts. Most men and women come in contact with this virus at some point in their lives (up to 80%) and there is no test for males. Other viruses (including HIV) can take months to show up in a test.

From my research, the military does not routinely check for STIs or STD's.

Any man worth his salt will put a condom on. If not, he's not worth your time and you seem smart enough to see this.

We have spoken to so many young women on EmpowHER whose boyfriends swore up and down on a stack of bibles they were "clean" and these women ended up with all sorts of awful infections and diseases. There's also the old "my penis is too big for condoms!" one. LOL!
The man then walks out on then and is off to the next woman. Let their bad choices be your reason for good choices!

Read more about STIs here: http://www.empowher.com/reproductive-system/content/sexually-transmitted-infections-diseases-stis-stds

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide