does the plan b give you cramping over a week later?

By April 21, 2015 - 7:25pm

My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on April 11 n 12(my most fertile days) I didn't take plan b until the 13. I had a slight headache the next morning, but nothing more. It is now the 21st my period isn't due until the 25 and I have been having severe cramps for 3 days now?! I never bled or anything, I usually don't cramp until the day of. I get pregnant very easily n I am extremely tired all the time, for no reason. I know plan b only prevents ovulation. Can I still be pregnant, please help.

Hi confused1221

Plan B is best taken within 24 hours. If you get pregnant easily, you need to be more careful about family planning. Plan B 48 hours later is not a good idea.  You do have some risk of pregnancy so if your period doesn't come in the next few days, take a test. Plan B can affect some women a week later. But since it affects all women differently, we cannot say with certainty what is going on with you.