Hair Products

ask: Donating Hair: Locks of Love vs. Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths

For so long I have been frustrated with the inability to grow my hair out. About 6 months ago I came across Pantene Pro-V's new product, Beautiful Lengths lengthening shampoo and conditioner. I figured it probably would not work but I have liked their products in the past so I bought it anyway. About 4 months after using the shampoo and conditioner my hair began to grow like a weed! Now, 6 months later my hair is 2 feet and some odd inches long.

I would love to donate my hair soon, but I am having trouble deciding between the Locks of Love and Pantene's Beautiful Length's program. I was wondering if anyone can give me some insight or advice on which to choose and why.

Anonymous

I don't know much about Pantene's Beautiful Length's program but have heard a lot of negatives about locks of love , main one for me was that they do not give away their wigs for free some might be at discounted cost but not free. I will never give there I like the pink hearts so far has been best but I don't know have not looked in to to many others I have heard wigs for kids was good also

Anonymous

I have donated to locks of love 4 times in the past 12 years and wanted to try some place different this time . I've used pantene 15 years, my hair grows 6 in.+ a year , BL will get my hair this time, thank you for a wonderful shampoo and conditioner

Anonymous

this is older but it keeps coming around
http://femaleintel.com/need-know-locks-love/

Anonymous

I recently read an article about LOL only giving wigs to children with alopecia, not hairloss from cancer. All these years I have been deceived. This time I am donating to PL and feel so much better knowing it will be going to a cancer patient.

Anonymous

I was looking into LOL and BL and decided to go with BL and felt it was a good choice. LOL charges for their wigs and I found an article by Forbes which steered me away from LOL...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2013/05/13/locks-of-love-6-million-of-...

Anonymous

I had cancer and was very blessed to keep my hair! I donated 8 inches to Pantene to celebrate my 1 year cancer free! It was a shocker, but it was worth it! If you can give to anyone in need, its a huge blessing to others that don't have hair! My 10 year old is donating her 12 inches today....being a cancer patient. I know how important hair is!

Anonymous

I'll never donate to locks of love. They denied a wig to our friend's dying daughter because they felt her prognosis was too dim and she would not get enough use from it. If she had it for 3 days it would have been worth it to that sweet little girl! She lived almost another year.

FYI, a bunch of people from her supporters had donated too. Locks of Love stinks!

Anonymous

Has anyone donated to Wigs for Kids? How does that compare to LoL and BL?

Anonymous

I've done 4 or 5 12-13 inch donations to LoL and gotten postcards saying thank you for all the ones I included the information sheet with. I don't have a problem with them charging on a sliding scale for the wigs or for them selling unusable hair. What I do have a problem with is them "missing" $6 million in hair donations. I don't particularly care what happens to my donation (wig, sold, used as sponge for oil cleanup) but I do care that it is accounted for in some way.

Would you switch hair or skin products for ones with fewer chemical additives?: