ask: Donating Hair: Locks of Love vs. Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths

For so long I have been frustrated with the inability to grow my hair out. About 6 months ago I came across Pantene Pro-V's new product, Beautiful Lengths lengthening shampoo and conditioner. I figured it probably would not work but I have liked their products in the past so I bought it anyway. About 4 months after using the shampoo and conditioner my hair began to grow like a weed! Now, 6 months later my hair is 2 feet and some odd inches long.

I would love to donate my hair soon, but I am having trouble deciding between the Locks of Love and Pantene's Beautiful Length's program. I was wondering if anyone can give me some insight or advice on which to choose and why.

Anonymous

The American Cancer Society distributes the Pantene Beautiful Lengths wigs through select wig banks across the country at no cost to women undergoing cancer treatment

Anonymous

How many inches of hair does Pantene require?

The lowest I've seen, 8 inches! I'm going with them!

Anonymous

I don't know much about Pantene's Beautiful Length's program but have heard a lot of negatives about locks of love , main one for me was that they do not give away their wigs for free some might be at discounted cost but not free. I will never give there I like the pink hearts so far has been best but I don't know have not looked in to to many others I have heard wigs for kids was good also

I heard the same negative comments about Locks of Love, so several years ago I donated my hair to Pantenes Beautiful Lengths in honor of my husband. They sent a lovely thank you card to me and I never regretted making the donation. My hairdresser had all of the instructions and paperwork. I highly recommend helping the cause in this way.

Anonymous

I have donated to locks of love 4 times in the past 12 years and wanted to try some place different this time . I've used pantene 15 years, my hair grows 6 in.+ a year , BL will get my hair this time, thank you for a wonderful shampoo and conditioner

what is BL. ? having never commented here before (or even seen this page) I wonder why the message is that I have submitted too many posts recently?

If you read the thread, they're talking about Pantene's program, Beautiful Lengths.

what is BL. ?

Anonymous

this is older but it keeps coming around
http://femaleintel.com/need-know-locks-love/

Hair Products

Would you switch hair or skin products for ones with fewer chemical additives?: