double periods

By January 15, 2011 - 10:33am

ok so i got two periods last month or a real period and a withdrawl period because i stopped taking birth control pills my real period came December 16 and the withdrawl bleeding came December 28 so how do i know when my period for January will come?? any one know?

i understand but the think is i was on birthcontrol for about a month and while taking it i missed a couple active pills and had unprotected sex so i'm not sure if im pregnant or if my period is just irregular?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Milove)

Any time you have unprotected sex and miss a pill there's a risk of pregnancy. http://www.empowher.com/pregnancy/content/missing-birth-control-pills-and-concerned-about-pregnancy-q

Hi Milove,
Unfortunately, there is no science in telling you when your period will start once you get off birth control pills. Your body must readjust and will do so on its own. For the next couple months, you may have irregular periods but after that, you should maintain normalcy again.
The best advice here would be to track your periods for the next couple months to try and gather YOUR pattern.
I know your looking for an exact answer but unfortunately as every woman is different, this will happen on it's own.
Let us know if you have any further questions.