Early menstration?

My last period started on August 6th, 2016 on August 21st, 2016 early in the afternoon I noticed brown light bleeding in my panties it lasted a few hours of spotting and then stopped with light cramping. A few hours later I went to the bathroom nothing was on my liner or in my pee but when I wiped it was a lot of red blood. Overnight it was fairly normal flow of my typical period. My typical cycle is between 28-35days I track it using m. Cycle app. I am sexually active. My question: is it concerning that my menstrualcycle is only 17 days long this month?

Hi ellie106

It does indeed sound like your cycle is quite early. This can happen when our hormones fluctuate a little more in the month.

A woman's cycle can change as she changes. Life can also change our cycles - anything from lifestyle changes to stress to getting older to diet/exercise, medications and hormone changes can affect our cycle. You will probably settle back down to a regular cycle and it could last for years. Then you might see changes again.

If you don't think that pregnancy could be an issue then it's not implantation bleeding (that is generally a few drops really, never a flow) or anything pregnancy connected.

See how next month goes and re-evaluate. I hope this helps.