Early period on BC

By Anonymous November 13, 2012 - 8:12am

I am on Kariva BC and have been for about a year. This is about the fourth BC pill I am on, I have had problems finding a good fit. This one hasn't been too bad, I still get bad cramps and a heavy flow, but it's at least somewhat consistent.

I don't take my placebo pills until next week, but it seems that I am already starting my period, it started yesterday. I haven't had sex since July (and I am a perfect pill taker, and a condom was used) so I can't say I'm really worried about pregnancy or something. But it started as brown discharge, but now it is actually a flow. Cramps and everything. Should I be concerned? I'm guessing there is a chance that I'm going to have a two week long period which sucks. I recently changed anti depressants, I'm on Effexor, could that affect it?

Welcome to EmpowHER. If you haven't missed a birth control pill and have used condoms. You should nothing to worry about.  Your  body will react differently to different type of pills.  That's why you might be getting an earlier period.  If you are concern, it's best to discuss with your doctor any new symptoms.