Pregnancy Guide

ask: Early pregnancy? Or something more serious?

So I normally start my menstual cycle on the 26th and have a light to moderate flow lasting 5-6 days. I had no period in October so I took a pregnancy test result was negative, come December 5 still no period so I went to a near by pregnancy center onDecember 10 for a more accurate test, results still came back negative. I then started my period 2 days later on the 12th and lasted til the 16th. My boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex regularly for over a year (not trying to conceive but not trying to prevent it either). Yesterday we had sex and I nearly had to stop due to cramping Accompanied by nausea and back pain. Then about an hour ago I went to restroom and when I wiped I had abnormally bright blood also thinner than normal . Does not seem to be heavy flow but I am quite concerned about what is going on.

Anonymous

Thank you for your question and welcome to Empowher. Since you are experiencing pain, you should contact your physician for a check up. From what you explained, you are not pregnant so there may be other underlying reasons why you are having pains such as fibroids which are growths in the uterine areas. I am not sure how old you are but they are not that uncommon and getting a checkup will help settle any concerns about the pains you are experiencing.

Can you keep us posted on what your physician tells you?

I hope this helps and good luck.

Missie

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :