ask: Early second dose for microgynon (ecp)

By redgirl12

Dear empowher,

I took the second dose of combined ecp (microgynon) after 6 hours instead of 12 hours. I was not sure when the second dose supposed to be taken, so I took it after 6 hours, and i think its too early. Will this be ineffective? Will I bleed after a week of taking this? I am afraid of getting pregant? He did not use condom again. But we just did outercourse (rubbing his part against mine/ sex - he cum during the anal sex). Please help me, anyone! Thanks!

Anonymous

Since you are irregular is hard to know.  Around the time your period is due and up to a week after.

Daisy

i took the home pt again a week after i had the previous one last march 7, and its negative. thank God!

Anonymous

Hi redgirl12,

If you are usually irregular, you might want to wait a few more days before taking another Home pregnancy test. 

Daisy

how many days after should i retake the home pt? thanks! -redgirl

Anonymous

Hi again!

I took the blood hcg test last march 16, it was showing negative. But i thought 10 days post-"sex" is a bit early to have the blood test taken. Since i'm an irregular bleeder, i dont know when exactly my next period will come after taking the ecp and so ive waited until this morning, which is exactly 32 days after the last time i had "sex" (march 6) and then took the urine PT. It was showing one line on the C, which means negative. Is this result accurate? I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

-this is redgirl

Anonymous

Hi redgirl12,

You should take a home pregnancy test or see a doctor.  That's the only way you will know for sure if you are pregnant or not.

Daisy

redgirl12 (reply to Anonymous)

im also having acne. anyway i took the pt and its negative, but i think it was pretty soon to do the test.

Hi redgirl12

I notice that you have used EC before, even when not having vaginal sex (you are not a virgin if you're having anal sex) and using it again pretty soon after will risk rendering the medication useless because you are misusing it.

You need to stop using EC and use condoms instead.

But if emergency contraception says to use it 12 hours apart and you are not doing this, then yes, you are risking it's effectiveness.

You really need to educate yourself on birth control instead of acting first, and then running to find out answers later. You are not being responsible for your own body and actions. For lots more information that can really help you, click here: http://www.empowher.com/sexual-health-101

~Susan

redgirl12 (reply to Susan Cody)

Last ecp use prior to this was exactly a month ago. And I know he shouldve used condom or i shouldve used a regular contraceptive, but we just got carried away. :|

Right now, it has been 5 days later since i took the ecp, still i dont have the post ecp bleeding, i was expecting it this day, but it didn't come. But im having whitish vaginal discharges, some abdominal cramping and breast soreness at times. Is this pre-bleeding s/s? Or am i already pregnant? :|

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: