Emergency contraception map

By July 4, 2016 - 5:29am

I took map 24 hours after having unprotected sex. 6 days later I had a period that lasted 5 days (which is normal for me it was an average flow , also normal)
Is this considered a proper period even after taking map?
Is any bleeding after taking map a sign that map has worked or just a reaction to map

Hi Wooody

Thanks for your post.

Some manufacturer's say that bleeding after is a sign that emergency birth control pills worked, others don't use it as a sign it worked but since the bleeding means the uterine wall has been shed, a pregnancy can't be occurring so I think it's pretty safe to say you are not pregnant.

You can research the website of the brand you used to know more.

Here is further information: http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/facts-about-emergency-contraceptive-pills

You should expect your next period in the next month, you may be about a week early or late as a side effect of EC.