Emergency contraceptive question?

By January 28, 2015 - 7:05pm

Hi ladies,
10 days ago I took plan B after having unprotected sex with my bf.
My period is due in 6 days from today. Earlier this week I had a small amount of spotting with no pain. Now today I have what feels like period pain and brown spotting. I'm very worried this is implantation bleeding but I don't know if it's just the pill messing with my body!
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance!!

Can your second period be messed up from plan b? I am having brown spotting during the time of my 2nd month period after taking EC in late December.

HERWriter Guide (reply to em625)

Normally your period should be back to normal - if it's not by next month, talk to your doctor. However, I'm sure it will be.

Hi missxoo

Thanks for your post.

This bleeding is likely due to taking emergency birth control and not implantation bleeding. EC is between 90-95% effective when taken correctly. 

However, a pregnancy test will let you know for sure since your next period may be irregular -another side effect of EC. 

A test should be taken 12-14 days after having sex.