at the end of week 4 of birth control (filler pills) and still no period?

By March 18, 2011 - 12:33pm

My boyfriend and I are sexually active and at the very end of week 3 in my birth control I missed 2 days and took them both a day late (day one of my white pills) and usually I get my period on the 3rd last day of my white pills. Today is the last day of my white pills and still no period. I'm all stressed out about it and emotional. I need help! Thanks.

Ok, thank you for your input. I just took a long bath and tried to relax and hopefully it'll bring it on. So tomorrow should I just start my new pack as normal? Or should I wait a few days to even out my cycle? I know that sounds kind of stupid, but I'm not sure how to keep going about taking my birth control?

HERWriter Guide (reply to lds1989)

No, nothing will "even out" if you stop using it. Just continue with your first active pill tomorrow. Take a test to rule out pregnancy (taking the Pill won't affect the pregnancy in any way). Some b.c. pills do cause shorter periods or even no periods, depending on the Pill you're on.

Look up the website of your pills manufacturer and check out the information there. Good luck!

Hi lds1989

Thanks for your post and welcome!

Keep taking your birth control pills but also take a pregnancy test. The likelihood that you're pregnant is very low but a pregnancy test will tell you for sure.

As to why you got no breakout bleeding - we can't tell you why. It's unusual but not unheard of. If the same happens next month, call your doctor or pharmacist.

Please let us know an update!