ask: ergent response needed

By Keisha lee

I found out i ave polycystic ovaries from my doctor so she recommended the contraceptive pill to balance my hormones to see if they will disappear will it be hard for me to conceive right now or later down in life i dont want children as yet as im only 19. another issue is tht i met a guy we are together but im not sexual attracted to him we had sex 1 time and i didnt enjoy it as much as he did after tht 2days after i a friend drop me home as there was no transport and the next day he asked if he could see me so i said yes he came and he performed oral sex on me for the first time i enjoyed it and i liked it it went further on and we had sex it hurt yes but i enjoyed tht as well i realized i went wrong and i did use protection he came on my leg though. its not tht i dont care abt the guy im with but sexually i dont think of him in tht way i dont even ave a sex drive i must say i just started aving sex and ive only had sex 5 times with 3 different guys. i want to knw if polycystic ovaries are inherited genes

Keisha lee

thank u very much for ur help

Anonymous

Hi Keisha,

Welcome back to EmpowHER.  Polycystic ovary syndrome(PCOS) could be hereditary.  If you have a close family member such as your mother or a sister that has it. Also, you should use protection to avoid an unwanted pregnancy or any STD's. The fact you are taking birth control pills that will not protect you against STD's and it's not 100% safe against pregnancy either.  Your doctor prescribed it as a treatment for your condition. Hope this was helpful?

Daisy