Is estarylla and sprintec the same

By April 25, 2016 - 12:04pm

I have been on Sprintec for 2 months and i loved it never got sick never had any problems but my pharmacy switched it over to estarylla they never asked or told me i thought they would have at least have to ask my doctor.. Anyway i have only been taking estarylla for a couple days but i have had the most terrible headaches since i started taking it and i have been nauseated really bad and my acne is terrible i never had any problems with these with sprintec the pharmacist said they were the same thing just different packaging but i dont think so someone please help!!!! Or am I just going crazy????

Hi coneapril

Both contain the same active ingredients:

0.25 mg of norgestimate and 0.035 mg of the ethinyl estradiol. Both are used to prevent pregnancy, treat acne and ease painful periods as well as to help prevent ovarian cysts.

But from casual conversations on birth control forums I have seen many women write that their acne is far worse on estarylla for some reason. They don't seen to know but it doesn't seem like this is you going crazy and other women have said the same thing.

Sprintec seems to win out when it comes to acne treatments but both are the same for preventing pregnancy.

Ask your pharmacy to switch you back if you can - there may be an insurance issue but if there is not, ask to go back or switch pharmacies.

If you headaches do not improve in the next day or so, call your doctor.