Is everything ok?

By Anonymous February 5, 2014 - 10:11am

I had sex on just after my period finished and the condom broke. There was no ejaculation. I took the emergancy pill 12hours later and experienced bleeding for few days from day 5 after the pill. My cycles are irregular. Last two were 35days long. Now i am on day 40 and i have pain in my lower back and stomach, i got period in the morning but its unusually light and pink/brown in colour. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Thank you for your question! 

Emergency contraception can interfere with the next months cycle so this may be what is happening to you. It's a pretty common side effect and since your cycles are irregular anyway, it's pretty likely to be the case. 

However, it's a good idea to take a pregnancy test if you are concerned. At least you can rule that out.  But it does sound like your period is starting and will be along today or tomorrow. 

Has this helped?