Excruciating cramps and pain during sex.

Hello. Before I started using birth control I used to get the most excruciating cramps to where I was bed-ridden and once I even fainted from the pain. Now, I no longer deal with that pain thanks to birth control. However, I have always worried that I may have a growth of fibroids or endometriosis. After several trips to the OBGYN and after several attempts of expressing my concerns to them, they seem to tell me not to worry about it. Now, after just giving up on my concerns, a new one has erupted. I now find that sex is painful just about every time I have sex. It used to be just every now and then, but now it seems to be constant. The pain occurs with deep penetration. Finally, a slight recommendation was made the last time I seen yet another new OBGYN after expressing this other concern on top of my old previous concerns. He said that he can do a small noninvasive procedure to where he cuts a small slit beneath my belly button to look for any signs of fibroids or endometriosis. I am just wondering if I should go through with this as all the other doctor's before him told me not to worry about it now that I am on birth control. But the pain from sex is really irritating and very unfortunate. Do you have any advice for me? Thank you so much.

So I had the surgery and I am utterly shocked to find out that it is not Endometriosis. I was never so sure of anything in my whole life. What else would cause such excruciating cramps, pain during sex, and spotting blood after sex??? After the surgery my doctor had mentioned something to my boyfriend that maybe it has something to do with my bladder so I am just confused more than ever now. Any suggestions on how it could be my bladder? I am not due to see him for a few weeks now and I would love to know if you know of any conditions he may be talking about? Thank you!!

I thank the both of you for your help; it is very much appreciated! I have chosen to go through with the procedure with my past doctor but plan on following up with these referalls afterwards. Once again, thank you so much for your help and time!

Response fro Dr. Sarell:

"The first choice for a
recommendation is Dr. Susan Sirentek in Normal, Ill. (309)-888-9900.
That town is not far from Peoria and it's worth the effort to see Dr.
Sirentek. In Peoria, Dr. Tracy Bochantin (309) 673-3743 or Dr. David
Kindred (309) 687-6500 are gyns who could help. I don't know if she has
already seen one of them but please pass the names on as highly
recommended specialists for her."
Dr. Sarrel

I hope this helps you!

Thank you Susan and Dr. Sarrel,
I was having the pain before my last exam and expressed this to the doctor. Once again, I received normal pap results with no other information given to me. Even though the nuvaring is helping control the pain, I still worry that it is just controlling the pain and not really fixing anything. I feel as if I keep running into doctors in this department that are not willing to listen to me. I am from Peoria, Illinois. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

CC- from our Expert

"There may be a place for the procedure the doctor recommended (laparoscopy). However, she is already being treated for endometriosis.
I suppose the laparoscope might reveal a "seed" of endometriosis which could be treated through the laparoscope.
On the other hand, I would expect the gynecologist to be able to elicit the point of pain during the pelvic exam. Please copy her for this note and find out if she experienced the pain during the time of her last
pelvic exam. Also, find out where she lives as there may be someone else in her area who I can recommend for another opinion.
Dr. Sarrel."

Please follow up with us when you can!

Hi CC-101

Your question has been submitted to one of our medical experts. Please check back again in the next few days for a response.

Thank you!

Just checking to see if there was any news yet? =)

Okay, thank you Susan!