excruciating pain in both feet upon standing

By Anonymous February 3, 2015 - 7:17pm

when I wake up ,stand up and walk my feet both feel broken the balls and heels continue to hurt all day most days. I felt this once before 15years ago when on a blood pressure med. told doc he changed med. stopped the meds completely after ashort time I didn't need to correct the blood pressure any longer. seems like it started hurting again when the doc put me on mscontin for pain due to injury of femur from bad accident 20 years ago also take oxycodone for pain. had skin graft too when I broke leg. have sciatica and fibromyalgia. 58 years old with arthritis as well.20 of thirty days a month or more my feet are killing me help what is going on here? do I need to change meds or get to the foot doc asap?

Thanks for your question and I'm sorry you are in so much pain - it does sound excruciating. 

I think you need to reevaulate your medications with your doctor - if you meds were causing this before, it may be happening again.

But if it's not your medications then you should absolutely see a foot specialist to see what's going on.  You could have nerve damage, arthritis that has spread or some underlying issue that's causing such pain.  Our feet are a web of bones, tendons, muscles and tissues that take the brunt of our weight all day.  Then something goes wrong, the pain can be unbearable. 

Please keep us posted,