ask: A few weeks ago my left breast became very sore and actually throbbed all of one day. A subsequent diagnostic mammogram shows an enlarged lymph node along with an 'enhanced nodule' detected on an ultrasound. Wait and monitor, or a biopsy?

A doctor suggested that as they were small, I wait and have it monitored again in a followup mammogram and ultrasound in three months. I'm nervous about waiting. What do you advise please?

I would also suggest the same. A second radiology opinion is a better choice.

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Getting a second opinion would be good.  But not always swollen lymph nodes are cancerous. Lymph nodes sometime enlarges as they work to drain infections. If your lymph nodes are painful or tender to the touch, this is usually a good sign that they are just doing their job. 

Since you are nervous, I would suggest having the films reviewed by another doctor. Get a second opinion from another radiologist who specializes in breast "issues." There are so many things in our breasts that are NOT cancer but it's where our minds always tend to go.....
Three months will seem like an eternity and I don't think it's unreasonable to seek a second opinion. That would be my first step. Best wishes,

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :