finding a doctor

By May 23, 2012 - 12:00pm

I am 41 yrs old and have not had a menstral cycle at all...... in 3 years. I have 4 children the youngest is 2 1/2. I have hot flashes, weight gain, and a lot of moodiness and no patience. I truly believe I'm in menopause. Everyone I talk to keeps telling me the same thing "your too young". I live in Massachusetts and close to Boston,ma. Could you please recommend a good Female doctor that can help regulate my hormones. Thank you, Lori Polson

Hello Lori,

Women start perimenopause at different ages. You can start noticing the signs in your 40s, or even as early as your 30s.

Perimenopause is the interval in which a woman's body makes a natural shift from somewhat regular cycles of ovulation and menstruation toward permanent infertility or menopause.

A gynecologist can help you manage your fluctuating hormone levels and the symptoms of perimenopause.

The Massachusetts Medical Society website, (http://www.massmed.org/Content/NavigationMenu10/Patients/FindingaDoctor/...)
can help you find a physician in your area.

I hope this is helpful.

Perimenopause Guide