Folic acid dosage

I am 29 years old. May I know if I can use Wyeth Folvite 5mg tablets everyday? We are just planning for kids. Is it the correct dosage?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to EmpowHER. Women able to get pregnant need 400 to 800 mcg or micrograms of folic acid every day, even if they are not planning to get pregnant. (This is the same as 0.4 to 0.8 mg or milligrams.) That way, if they do become pregnant, their babies will be less likely to have birth defects. Everyone is different, that's why it is important to talk with your doctor about how much folic acid you need.