Foods that are binding?

By Anonymous April 19, 2015 - 9:18am

I was told that I can find a list of foods that are not as binding as other food choices. I apologize I do not really know much more about this issue but would love to read about what Empowher has on this subject. For example I heard that oatmeal binds more than other foods. Any insights, lists or articles you have would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Hello and thank you for sharing your question.

The "binding foods" refers to foods that lead to constipation.  Here is a general list of things to avoid in order to keep the digestive system clean.

• diary
  • red meat
  • highly processed foods (chips, frozen dinners, baked goods etc)
  • bananas
  • oatmeal
  • fried foods

These food tend to clog the intestines so to speak and make digestion a much slower process.

Diet & Nutrition

Diet & Nutrition Guide