Fracture Pelvic

At 13 weeks after fracturing my pelvic running north to south in a open "c" shape, my CT shown no new bone growth. I was told to file for disability for my pelvic was non-union. What factors would cause the bone not to heal? would any of the Autoimmune Diseases cause my non-union?

Read more: Broken Bones Forum - fracture of pelvic was non-union. http://ehealthforum.com/health/fracture-of-pelvic-was-non-union-t345072.html#ixzz1uQ22qTOF

Read more: Broken Bones Forum - fracture of pelvic was non-union. http://ehealthforum.com/health/fracture-of-pelvic-was-non-union-t345072.html#ixzz1uPwIPh1Kb

There could be many reasons for a bone not to heal, including age, the bone not being set properly after injury, some kind of deficit in your body/bones causing them to not heal or grow. An infection or bad supply can also cause non-union to occur.

I have no knowledge of auto-immune conditions causing it but since many of them cause havoc with bones and joints, it is certainly possible.

This is something your doctors should be discussing with you. If they haven't, schedule an appointment - simply calling it a day and advising to to file for disability isn't good enough. Ask them what treatment options are available, there have to be a least one or two to look into.

Good luck and please keep us posted!

Pelvic Fracture