Urinary Tract Infection

Urinary Tract Infection Guide

ask: Frequent urination

By Aby Wu

I have always had small bladder. But recently i start to experience new symptomp. I woul have frequent urination at night during sleep. It's not to the point where i would wet myself on bed, but i usually woke up 2-3 times a night or every 1-2 hours to urinate. It is very depressing, since from the 6 hours that i can afford to sleep a day, i would like to make the best use of my sleeping time.

This condition however, does not occur during day time. It has been going on for at least the last 4 months. So is there any suggestion on what this symptomp might indicate?

Hi Aby Wu

Thanks for your question and I can understand how frustrating it is to have to get up several times at night to urinate when you don't get much sleep to begin with. 

You may have an infection like a UTI - you can read all about this here: http://www.empowher.com/urinary-tract-infection/content/do-i-have-urinar... - do you have any pain when you urinate?

You may also have something called Overactive Bladder - read about it here: http://www.empowher.com/providers/article/do-you-have-overactive-bladder...

You will need to see a doctor for a diagnosis and you can start treatment straight away!